Priceline Hotel: 4* Philadelphia (Downtown) Le Parker Meridien

markincleveland
By markincleveland,
in

I need a room for parents weekend. HOTWIRE does not segregate University area so I'll use Priceline. I stayed at the Inn at Penn last weekend at $75 - fabulous deal via PRICELINE. (I'll go through your site next time.)

The in room reservation form for the Inn at Penn was $399 a night with a 2 nite minimum. (I know it's parents weekend.) I'm not in a hurry, so where should I start bidding? I defiantly want to stay at the Sheraton University or the Inn at Penn. They are the only two properties on campus. (the Inn at Penn is much nicer - but I know it's Priceline.)

Should I start at $180 , the usual rack rate? / /suggestions. I don't mind bidding for a week or two.

I'll pay whatever I need to to get the room, however PRICELINE still shows that area as available at a 3-1/2 level. There are only two properties shown and I do not know of anther hotel in the area that could be considered a 3-1/2* property, so I am relative sure it is one of the two you show and that are acceptable to me.

When I draw the grid, there are 4 Philadelphia areas without a 3-1/2 * or above rating. Does that mean I'll get 5 rebids every day?

Thanks for your help

...however PRICELINE still shows that area as available at a 3-1/2 level.
PRICELINE doesn't check availability in an area when they show what star ratings are available... if a star rating is selectable then it shows that they deal with a hotel in the zone at that star level, not necessarily that they have availability.
When I draw the grid, there are 4 Philadelphia areas without a 3-1/2 * or above rating. Does that mean I'll get 5 rebids every day?
Yes, there are 4 re-bid zones when bidding 3.5* in the Philadelphia area... give you (at least) 5 bidding opportunities every bidding cycle.

Given the $200+ rate provided by dahammer how much of a discount would you need to make an opaque purchase worthwile... are you simply trying to beat the $200 rate?? (usually the answer is some percentage off of this rate to account for not choosing your own hotel and non-refundability)

Since we don't want to suggest a strategy that goes higher then you're willing to pay, let us know your maximum bid and we'll advise accordingly.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]