Priceline Hotel: Looking for Help DTW Sept 11-12

HiThere
By HiThere,
in

Uncertain where to start, I want to stay somewhere close to the airport as we have an early flight. I saw on the calendar that someone got a 3* at DTW for that date. Can someone help with a bidding strategy? I can't seem to remember where to find the areas that might have free rebids.

Also- I am looking for a week parking as well, I checked out the hotels and they seem to offer it; will they still offer it if I have a Priceline booking?

Good afternoon.

What would be your desired budget per night? In terms of long-term parking (or "park and fly" programs), there is not a guarantee that you may get one of these properties, and they may not be willing to offer "park and fly" to PRICELINE customers, especially if "park and fly" is an additional fee.

Please use the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Uncertain where to start, I want to stay somewhere close to the airport as we have an early flight. I saw on the calendar that someone got a 3* at DTW for that date. Can someone help with a bidding strategy? I can't seem to remember where to find the areas that might have free rebids.

Also- I am looking for a week parking as well, I checked out the hotels and they seem to offer it; will they still offer it if I have a Priceline booking?

We have stayed both ways with priceline wins and then paying for our parking and then also without priceline wins at places that included parking in the price. It will mainly depend how long you plan on being gone. Parking is typically 9.00 a day and they will shuttle you from the paid parking lots to the airport. Here is a site that explains it but there are others I'm sure.

http://www.parkrideflyusa.com/dtw-detroit-...arking/us-park/

If you have questions, just ask.

Cheryl

Which was cheaper? If Priceline does not include parking I am assuming the parking deals are.
It will mainly depend how long you plan on being gone.

If you need help with an upcoming stay please start a NEW TOPIC.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

If you need help with an upcoming stay please start a NEW TOPIC.

I know you said new topic but I wanted to reply and wanted him/her to be able to find the reply.

For example: Courtyard Marriott has park and fly for 89.00 plus their taxes and such,, free parking up to 8 days. But shop around, that is just one we have used before.

IF you were to get a priceline win for around 30 dollars not including their fees, then add in parking at 9.00 a day (airport is 10.00), you would have to be leaving your car for 6 days or less for it to be a savings.

So that is what I mean by sometimes it is cheaper, sometimes not. Most the time, we find park and fly for less than 80.00 and just figure out motel was free since the parking was covered. Check trip advisor for motels reviews. Believe only 3/4 of what people write. Romulus is the town nearby hotels are listed.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]