Hotwire Hotel: 4* San Diego (Downtown-Harbor Island) Westin Hrtn

zandertx20
By zandertx20,
in

I'm looking on Hotwire for San Diego (Downtown - Harbor Island) for 3/23/05-3/26/05.

I see a 4* for $105/night with Restaurant, Pool, Fitness Center, Business Center. It is also listed as "Best Value". Much of the discussions on this board lead me to believe it is the Sheraton Marina. Is that the opinion of anybody else?

I would rather stay closer to the Gaslamp district. There is a also a 3.5* in Downtown - Harbor Island with the exact same amenities for $88/night. I was wondering if anyone has a good guess on what hotel that might be.

I would probably be inclined to go down to the lower star rating if it meant getting closer to Gaslamp.

Thanks in advance for your advice.

One follow up question. I have used Hotwire on several occasions but I have never really used Priceline. Would a safe way to stay out of the Sheraton but still get a 4 star be to bid $104 on Priceline in the Downtown - Harbor Island area? Or is there a good chance that the lowest acceptable bid on Priceline for that hotel is lower than the Hotwire price?

Welcome to BetterBidding!

The 3.5* hotel has not yet been identified, but i don't believe the 4* is the Sheraton... a better guess would be the Hilton or the Westin Horton. Both of these latter hotels have been reported with the same amenties and star rating so there is no telling which one this might be.

Let us know if we can be of more help and whatever you choose to do for this stay. If you book either of the above, please use this HOTWIRE link to begin your purchase. Thanks!

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thank you for the advice. This is such a great site. Do you think that this is the Hilton Airport/Harbor Island or the Hilston Gaslamp? Expedia shows the Airport Hilton as a 3* and the Gaslamp as a 3.5*. I've heard Hotwire inflates star ratings though.

I would be thrilled to get the Westin Horton or the Hilton Gaslamp for $102. I'd be kinda dissapointed to pay that and get the Hilton out by the airport.

Has anyone ever gotten the Hilton Island Airport Hilton on Hotwire? If so, what was the star rating?

Thanks again.

The post that mentioned the Hilton didn't indicated which one it was, but commented that it was "right next to a new ballpark" if that gives you any indication. (if so please let us know which so that we can clarify in our HOTWIRE hotel list)

I'll also warn against having your mind set on a specific hotel, as you then only set yourself up for disappointment if you don't get what you expect. It is a good idea to dot every "i" and cross every "t" that you can, but also remember that you agree to be flexible in your accomodations.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]