Priceline Hotel: 1* Alpena Days Inn Alpena

nick5
By nick5,
in

Advice please:

Only 1* and 2* in the area.

Rejected bids on 2* so far are 27.00, 29, 32, 36.00.

I have never bid on a 1* before. Anyone care to look over the area and give suggestions? Web price for 2* in the area is 59.00 a night. I would have thought 36.00 might have done it for priceline. We are going to go see Greg Mortensen, author Three Cups of Tea and Stones for Schools. So we do need a room. I was hoping to get something far less than the web price of 59.00.

Thank you,

Cheryl

PRICELINE has the Days inn Alpena listed as a 1* hotel in this zone so that would be a possiblitly as well.

I would bid for a 1* the same prices you bid above for a 2* star (coincidentally this hotel is also priced at ~$60/nite). I wouldn't expect the 50%+ savings we often see on higher rated hotels at the 1* and 2* levels... these budget rated properties are have lower prices from the onset, and there isn't as much margin to deeply discount a $60 hotel room as there is to discount a $150 hotel room. As well, PRICELINE's booking fee (~$7 on a one nite stay) makes up a larger piece of the total on a percentage basis, making the 'all-in' discount even less.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Keep us updated on your progress and let us know if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I would bid for a 1* the same prices you bid above for a 2* star

Keep us updated on your progress and let us know if we can be of further help.

Started the 1* bidding tonight at 27.00 since nothing has ever been reported in this area. I will up it to 29.00 tomorrow and take it to about 36.00. After that, I think I'll look around North, West or South for something different even if we have to drive that night. Gaylord looks like it should have some good bidding. If I'm paying more than 36.00 I don't want it to be a 1*.

Thanks for your help.

Cheryl

ps,, and of course I start all bidding from one the the Better Bidding links. I see tonight I had 50.00 bonus money in my rewards area,, 10.00 off a night on 3* or better, up to 5 nights. Must be bidded by Aug 31, 2010 to use.

Can I add a PSS.... my son is getting married next Wednesday! Yeah us, as they make such a wonderful couple.

Started the 1* bidding tonight at 27.00 since nothing has ever been reported in this area. I will up it to 29.00 tomorrow and take it to about 36.00. After that, I think I'll look around North, West or South for something different even if we have to drive that night. Gaylord looks like it should have some good bidding. If I'm paying more than 36.00 I don't want it to be a 1*.

Thanks for your help.

Cheryl

ps,, and of course I start all bidding from one the the Better Bidding links. I see tonight I had 50.00 bonus money in my rewards area,, 10.00 off a night on 3* or better, up to 5 nights. Must be bidded by Aug 31, 2010 to use.

Can I add a PSS.... my son is getting married next Wednesday! Yeah us, as they make such a wonderful couple.

Thanks, bid 32.00 tonight for a 1*, rejected. I put in for a back up cancel-able room at Days Inn at the rate of 67.49 without tax and fees.

I'll keep bidding and once I get to 36.00, I'll start again adding back the 2* again, slowly moving up. Days Inn said they had plenty of rooms, so who knows. It was over an hour drive to the next nearest town for a chance at priceline low winning bid so decided we will stay in Alpena even if I don't get a PRICELINE win.

Cheryl

• 2 weeks later...
Keep us updated and let us know if we can be of further help along the way.

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board.

Finally a winning bid! 46.00 for a 1*. I started at 27.00 last month and just kept upping my bid by 2 or 3 dollars every few days. 46.00 is a the most I have ever paid for a 1*, wait, I have never stayed at a 1*. LOL This is a very small town with limited options. I did have a back up place for 67.49 that was cancel-able. The lowest web rate for the area was 59.00 so my savings was actually 13.00 but hey, more gas money!

So, add it to the list..... not sure anyone else would ever stay in Alpena, MI but never know.

Cheryl

Days Inn Alpena

1496 M-32 West

Alpena, Michigan 49707

Summary of Charges

Your Offer Price: $46.00

Number of Rooms: 1

Number of Nights: 1

Subtotal: $46.00

Taxes and Fees: $11.72

Total Charges*: $57.72

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]