Hotwire Hotel: 4* San Francisco (Airport South-Burlingame) Hilton

jk9209
By jk9209,
in

Actually Sept is a bit better-- especially on the Labor weekend. I saw many bids ~ $110 for 4* in US area; the rack rate is even just $109 for some in SOMA. However, Oct is a different animal; hotel rate for the 4* in US area is in the rage of $200ish on HOTWIRE! I heard that there is a free concert on Oct 3 weekend, a marathon on Oct 16 weekend. Local experts, please confirm.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I got no luck on successful bidding between 10/21-10/24 for 4* hotel (2 rooms) in USW & USE.

I found the brilliant method from BEAV's posting, but doesn't work for me.

I hope not LMT also saw the posting by BEAV, and changed their format? ^^

Anyway, I got this site:

www.lastminutetravel.com/PageHotelDetail.aspx?hotelId=3639&provider=localTgsProvider&SearchResults=1&pg=1

I'm guessing this is the Clift hotel based on the info shows: velvet room on property.

I'd like to confirm that through BEAV's method, but I keep on getting the front pages of Touricoholidays

Is that mean I need to sign up as a new agent?

I didn't see anything that BEAV said we need to sign up. (maybe too obvious?)

Can anyone please help me?

Also, I've been bidding up to $110 through PRICELINE link here, no luck.

If LMT got the Clift for $112, then I may get it later. but I will try a few more times with PRICELINE.

My questions are:

1. The Clift hotel: $112, is this a good price? How's this hotel compare with Hilton Union Square?

2. What price & zone I should use next time when I bid with PRICELINE?

• 3 weeks later...

Still dealing with PRICELINE, but no luck...

I tried USW, USE, Embarcadero, SOMA, nothing worked all the way up to $135.

I got $99.00 for Hilton Union Square 2 years ago (exactly same date) via PRICELINE link here, I was hope that I can get the same deal.

I'm thinking about 3* in Embarcadero, HOTWIRE shows $106, and it looks like Harbor Court which is not that bad.

Why is it so hard to get a deal in this year 10/21-10/24?

Sept and Oct have been challenging this year. The economy seems to be picking up and there are quite a few events including large conventions. Rates have been down for a long time, so the increased demand is allowing hotels to hold on to their asking price.

Things may open up a bit a few days or the day before, but that is a big risk - one you may not want to take at this time of year.

Ditto on the risk factor. It's a big risk this time--compared w/ last year or 2 years ago. Some hotels in USE or Embarcadero look like already sold out due to many conventions at the same time. Go to the hotel web site & check directly their availability. Oct seems a popular time in SF.

My 2 cents.

I've never used LMT. I'm in a similar situation as OP, but for Oct. 23 (just one night), and I've bid "just" up to $105 so far on PRICELINE. LMT shows a 4-star (well, 4 1/2 star on the first page, then 4-star in the description) for Downtown/Union Square/Nob Hill/S for $95. Seems awfully low. Does say it's actually in the Embarcadero waterfront, across the street from the Ferry Building Marketplace. 17 floors, 802 guestrooms. Is the method with LMT to look at various hotels in the area and try to narrow down the possibilities by the details? The price is similar to what I've found for the airport area for the same night. Thanks!

Just thought of doing a Google search for 17 floors 802 rooms hotel san francisco embarcadero (duh-- should have occurred to me right away), and it came up with the Hyatt Regency Embarcadero. Wow. Is LMT reliable? Not the best weekend location, but at that price, just fine. We're actually arriving at SFO that day after a 24-hour trip (from Brazil), and at first we were going to stay by the airport, since we'll likely sleep most of the day and night, but the rental car is so much cheaper downtown I thought of staying there. And Budget Car Rental has a location at the hotel.

We will be staying in several cities on this trip, and plan on using PRICELINE and HOTWIRE in many locations (always using the link from this site, of course).

Take note if the offer is listed as "available" or "on request"... the latter means that they don't have inventory at the moment for your dates but will contact the hotel to see if they can get additional rooms at their pre-contracted rate. Results of 'on request' fulfillment vary, but if you're going on very busy dates the chances of success are lower than when hotels have low occupancy.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Yeh, NO love at all with PRICELINE this time....

I reserved 2 rooms at The Westin St. Francis (4*, $125) on 10/21 (Thursday), Hyatt Embarcadero (4*, $95.00) on 10/22 (Friday) through LMT.

I still need to get 1 more night on 10/23 (Saturday) in SFO area since we need to take very early flight (6:02 am flight to Vegas).

I know it's not that convenient to check in & out, but this way, we can enjoy different areas plus a little convenience for airport transportation on the last day.

We can cover the Union Square area while staying in the Westin St. Francis, move to Hyatt Embarcadero to enjoy Ferry Building area & Farmers Market on Saturday morning & day tour. then take BART to SFO late evening to take hotel shuttle for the last night. (we will make sure to pack light)

Most of 4* hotels by SFO provide free shuttle from/to airport. (planning to use HOTWIRE which a little better price than LMT on 10/23)

I'd like to express SPECIAL Thanks to Beav for LMT hotel identification, it's a super brilliant finding!

Most of 4* hotels by SFO provide free shuttle from/to airport. (planning to use HOTWIRE which a little better price than LMT on 10/23)

Let us know what you decide for 10/23 and if we can be of any help with this remaining nite of your stay.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I got 2 rooms at Hilton SFO via HOTWIRE on 10/23/10. ($85 per a room)

PRICELINE offered $105 as an asking price after I placed a bid for $85 (I really wanted give PRICELINE a last chance but still didn't work, it was crazy!, PRICELINE just don't have enough inventory in October)

LMT was asking $95.00 for Ramada SFO Bay (4*)

I'm very disappointed at PRICELINE this time, but I'm sure they will love me again next time! ^^

Here are my reservations:

The Westin St. Francis ($125) on 10/21 (LMT)

Hyatt Embacadero ($95) on 10/22 (LMT)

Hilton SFO ($85) on 10/23 (HOTWIRE):The description is exactly same- Smoking free, shuttle, restaurant, pool, business center, high speed internet, golf course.

They are offering free shuttle service between 4 am and 1 am. (every 20 min)

We can even save a taxi fare (around$45.00 +tip fm the union Square to SFO) , BART don't operate that early (3 of us need to be at SFO by 5:00 am) so we have to grab a cab if we stay in the downtown area.

It's lower hotel price + save taxi fare, I think I made a good decision.

BTW, HOTWIRE shows different price depends on day & night time.

They seem to add extra $1 more at night for the exactly same hotel.

Not a big deal for a buck, but why pay more?

So...make reservation at day time.

Thanks again for all info found in this site, this is best site for PRICELINE & HOTWIRE.

Great found LMT here (I didn't know that before), Awsome!

I'm SO ready for the travel, the cable cars are waiting for me!!!!!!!!!!

jrp777,

Can you please follow-up your previous Hotwire Orlando thread with whatever you ended up doing for that stay... then reply to this thread and we'll answer your question(s) above.

jk9209,

Congratulations o your success!

Nice to see you were able to 'piecemeal' this reservation together and are happy with the results... we're glad to hear the information here was helpful with your purchases.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay(s).

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]