Priceline Hotel: 3* Baltimore (Timonium-Hunt Valley) Residence Inn

lee1
By lee1,
in

I have tried without success to get a 3 star for April 7. This is for a small convention. There must be something major going on. I started at 48.00 and with free rebids and over the last several days I've gone up to 90.00 with no luck. I am unsure whether I should go up to 100.00 (still less than going rate) or go for a 2* or go to Towson for a 3* and drive in for the meetings.

Any suggestions?

Many hotels are sold-out or rates are very high.

I did find the Wyndham Inner Harbor for $119 at THIS SITE. The rate is cancellable up to 72 hours before check-in date so it coudl at least serve as a back-up while you continue to try the other opaque services.

Let us know if you choose the above or if we can help with any of your other options.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I did not see the "This site" link in your response because Norton blocked it. When I went to the Wyndham site I got a message that the hotel was full so unfortunately I gave up on that option. I continued to bid on the 3 star up to 119.00 and had no luck. At that point I decided to bid on hotels north of the city. I got the Residence Inn in Timonium and am posting that information separately.

I failed on several attempts to get a 3* in the Inner Harbor area for 4/7. Through rebids and multiple days of bidding I went all the way to 119.00 with no luck. There must be a bigger event than mine going on.

I then tried Mt. Vernon which is directly next to Inner Harbor and made a one shot bid at 75.00 This also failed so I decided to go more cheaply north of the city. I ended up perhaps more north than I would have wished but still saved.

I tried for Hunt Valley/Timonium for 52.00 was told that if I added 15.00 immediately I could rebid. Instead I added Carlyle-Cross Keys and bid 56.00. It was rejected. I added Mt Vernon and bid 59.00.

I got the Residence Inn in Hunt Valley/Timonium for 59.00 for April 7. With the free breakfast, etc. it is a good deal.

Thanks for the update and the new hotel to add to the list!

Can you confirm that this is indeed a 3* hotel, as it's not very common to see a Residence Inn rated as such (hope it's a good one!)

Enjoy your stay.

PS- for anyone that can't see the links referenced above, please turn on links (globally, or at least for this site) as per the instructions HERE

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]