Maui - Convertible rental for 6 days - late october

surefire99
By surefire99,
in

I would like to rent a convertible for 6 days in Maui in late October 26th - November 1st, so just over 6 days.. What is a realistic price to bid/win on priceline? I have searched the site and found limited wins listed but those I have seen are around the mid $30's... I was hoping that being its late october and off season we might have more luck getting it for closer to 25 as we are on a tight budget..

any help is appreciated!

Sorry - I have not yet tried bidding as I have 2 months before I leave... but I would like to start at a realistic amount - I know its hard to predict what the winning bid is. I just wasn't able to find too many other winning priceline bids to get an idea of what to expect...

Since you have plenty of time, why not just start low, like $22 a day, and up the bid by a couple of bucks each time every couple of days.

I have often gotten cars for significantly below the price where PL says you have a good chance. While I have not tried getting a convertible, I have very often gotten a plain compact car for bids of $11 when Priceline told me I had little chance, and $20 would give me a good chance, and $22 a great chance. The fact is, Priceline wants you to bid higher than their minimum price, because that's where they make their profits. It really just depends upon the inventory position of the car rental companies. If they have a glut on convertibles for your particular dates, you'd be pleasantly surprised at how low a bid that they will accept.

You should also check Enterprise's website and price it there. We are wanted a 2:30pm pickup and a drop off at 2:30pm 4 days later. The rental was like $65/day. Then I went back and chose a 1:30pm pickup and a 1:30pm drop off on the same days (yes, only 1 hour different) and the rental was $41/day. So, we reserved the convertible through Enterprise's site (which is cancellable) and are continuing to look at priceline (but not success so far) My point: fiddle with the the time you pickup and drop off the car. You may see a big difference in price. And Enterprise has the best prices retail wise. If you have a AAA or Costco discount, it's even less.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]