Priceline Hotel: 4* Boston (Quincy Market-Faneuil Hall-Financial) Hyatt Financial

jdh62
By jdh62,
in

Please follow-up your previous Hotwire Virginia thread with whatever you ended up doing for that stay... then bump this thread and we'll have a look at the above.

Allways follow-up your threads with whatever you end up doing, even if you chose to book direct, cancell your trip, etc.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Yellowdog.

Was looking to book Wed Aug 25 and check out Sun Aug 29th. We would like 3.5/4 stars but have not done any research on area yet. Was hoping for Cambridge area, but since I heard Boston has great mass transit, guess that's not necessary. Would appreciate any recommendations on good area to stay for sightseeing. Don't really have a strict budget but just looking for a good deal. Thanks!

Cambridge is not typically the first zone that comes to mind for those looking to sightsee their way around Boston... Copley Square and Quincy Market are the most freuquently bid, you should look into the new Harbor Front-Aquarium zone to see if this would work for your needs as others have begun to bid this area often too, and if all of these are out of your budget you would also lok towards the Waterfront-Convention Center zone which while not the best, isn't too bad and can do if rates are low enough in this zone.

Let us know what you decide regarding the zones and we'll take it from there.

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links for your bidding, searches and purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Are you willing to pay more for a 4* vs. a 3.5* or is your goal the least expensive 3.5* or better for this stay?

What is your maximum bid per nite for this stay? (if you "don't have one" as you mention above, see what the best available rate is that you're able to get thru conventional booking channels... then use that, or a discount from that number, as your maximum bid) We don't want to suggest a strategy which goes higher then you're willing to bid.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know the above and we'll suggest a strategy for you to follow.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I am willing to pay more for a 4* versus 3.5* and don't really have a maximum. I will look at other posts in this forum to see what people are bidding and getting for 3.5*/4* in Quincy Market. The primary reason for my starting this thread was to to get advice on bidding a stay that start on a weekday and end on weekend since I believe you get cheaper prices on weekend. But if you have to break up bids, it is certainly not worth taking the chance on getting two separate hotels. I will certainly use links from here and post my results. Thank you for your help, thereuare!

The primary reason for my starting this thread was to to get advice on bidding a stay that start on a weekday and end on weekend since I believe you get cheaper prices on weekend. But if you have to break up bids, it is certainly not worth taking the chance on getting two separate hotels.

If your'e not willing to change hotels during your stay then don't split your bid. There is additional information on this topic here: SPLITTING YOUR PRICELINE BID

If you'd like help with a bidding strategy let us know.

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your bidding.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Decided to bid this morning. Started with $100 in Quincy Market area, and just kept adding areas and upping bids by $10. Finally got my bid of $150 accepted from the Hyatt Regency Boston for Wed, 8/25/2010 through Sun, 8/29/2010. As we are traveling with kids, wonder how difficult it would be to request double beds?

Thank you for all your help and the link on splitting your bid, thereuare! Of course, I used link from here to PRICELINE.

jdh,

I've stayed at the Hyatt Regency several times and they have always accommodated my request for two beds. Of course, it always depends on availability. You might want to call in advance and make your request.

From my experience, the Hyatt appears very family friendly. Enjoy your stay!

jdh62

Congratulations on your success!

Thank you for sharing your win with the board and using our PRICELINE link to begin your bidding :)

We hope you're satisfied with the outcome and will like the Hyatt.

As we are traveling with kids, wonder how difficult it would be to request double beds?
You need to call the hotel and ask them so this ok when you arrive.

Enjoy your stay.

Yellowdog.

JDH,

I've never had problems with my requests for double beds either. I call as soon as the reservation is made, then again the day I'm checking in if I'll arrive later on check-in day or the day before if I arrive early on check-in day.

If nothing else, you can request a cot.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]