Hotwire Hotel: 4* San Diego (Coastal) Estancia La Jolla Hotel Spa

rob94
By rob94,
in

I am planning a last minute getaway for March 14 - March 18. I found a 4* in the Coastal Area with restaurant(s), Pool(s), Fitness center, Spa Services, High Speed Internet, Childrens Activity Program, Business Center for 161$ a night. What Hotel is this, and is this a good rate? Any thoughts are greatly appreciated. I have never used Hotwire, but this forum is great, so I'd like to give it a try. Thanks.

I would like to stay in a La Jolla 4 star

Do you mean you want to stay in a 4* only in La Jolla, or are you willing to stay anywhere in the Coastal zone? If you only want to be in La Jolla, then i don't think you should bid in Priceline since the Coastal Zone is much larger than the city of La Jolla... if you get a hotel in a location you don't want then the savings are meaningless. On the otherhand if you can accept anywhere in the zone then we'll suggest a strategy to follow.

As far as the Estancia, the price is more expensive than we usually see in this zone, but i also checked one hotel in La Jolla and it is sold-out for the above dates, so without much additional research done i suspect that demand is up for these dates. So the above offer on Hotwire does offer savings of nearly $50/nite (less Hotwire's fees... still over $150 for your complete stay), and as per the link above, the reviews look good. It's also not if you may change your mind about this trip in the next few days, as this check-in is for tomorrow.

If you go with the above let us know how it goes and please use our HOTWIRE link for your purchase. If you'd prefer to go with priceline (given the understanding that the hotel could be anywhere in the coastal zone and not necessarily in La Jolla) let us know and we'll suggest a strategy to follow.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I ended up booking through the HOTWIRE link, and got the Estancia La Jolla for 161$ (180 w/tax & fees). Not a huge discount, but hey it's a few extra bucks I can spend. (when I say I, I mean my wife) Thanks for the tips. Next time I'll start planning a little sooner, and can hopefully get a little better deal.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]