Hotwire Hotel: Recommendation for hotel in San Diego

yogilo
By yogilo,
in

I've checked HOTWIRE for dates in Dec 12/16 to 12/27 and have gotten some deals from $49/n. Thing is I do not know which area I should choose. Mission Valley? Sea World - Mission Bay? Gaslamp? etc. This will be our first time there and we will be visiting the usual places like the zoo, legoland etc. Recommendation for hotels are appreciated.

Oh yeah, someone I know stayed at the Bahia and she said it's a dump but the location to places is very ideal.

Thank you.

Legoland is in HOTWIRE's Carlsbad zone whereas the Zoo is just north of HOTWIRE's Downtown-Harbor Island and Gaslamp Quarter zones.

Not sure what else you have planned but you could stay in either one of these three zones or anyplace inbetween... or split your stay, a few days in one area and cover activities in that region, then another set of dates in anohter zone where you visit activities in that area.

Let us know how you'd like to proceed and we'll advise accordingly.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I lived in San Diego for five years so I can give you some advice. If you're planning to do the major attractions: beach, sea world, san diego zoo. I recommend Mission Valley. Easy access to all of San Diego with tons of shops, grocery stores, and reasonably priced restaurants.

Downtown and Gaslamp is more party central. As for the Bahia, I would avoid Pacific Beach/Ocean Beach with small children. It's just not that safe on the weekends or at night.

Go to Mission Bay for a clean, family safe beach. Hope this helps.

Yes, on HOTWIRE (SeaWorld - Mission Bay - Shelter Island) and (Mission Valley - Hotel Circle) are two different zones.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know how you'd like to proceed and we''ll advise accordingly.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I'm checking vacation packages vs buying plane tickets and hotel separate. It's our first time to SoCal and I want to research where to stay etc. I have no clue which area in LA/Anaheim to stay at yet.

12/16 to 12/27 are our 80% confirmed dates +/- a couple of days depending on the price of flight & hotel around that time.

Thanks.

Since you won't know ahead of time the price of an accepted bid for your dates or for which hotel, best way to compare a package vs. 'a la carte' is to take the airfare and add to it the price of a HOTWIRE hotel (as the prices for HOTWIRE hotels are shown) and use this as a 'worst case scenario' since when it comes time to actually purchase you can try to undercut the HOTWIRE price by using PRICELINE... compare this air+hotel cost to the price of a package.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases. (and oru Expedia link if you use them to look at packages)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]