Priceline Hotel: 4* San Francisco (USE-Embrcdro) Westin St. Francis

Phaelon56
By Phaelon56,
in

Posting this bid result for a colleague who used my guidance (courtesy of the knowledge i gain from this forum!) to bid. She used three freerebids, starting at $67 with USE as the target and moving in $2 increments. She hit at $75 with the Westin St. Francis and reports having been very pleased with the hotel.

On the down side.... valet parkgin with in/out privileges was $44 per day, high speed Internet access was $15 for 24 hours (noon to noon) and they charged her $30 to deliver three boxes to her room on a hand cart. These were trade show items that had come in by Fed Ex and the front desk "offered" to deliver them to the room but never mentioned the fee. It showed up at check-out time.

I've accepted 'captured audience' rates at many hotels, but the above are a bit excessive, and you can be certain i'd be getting that $30 delivery charge reduced. Two points can be made from these charges:

1) hotels can still make money by bringing discount ('opaque') customers into their hotels... we do spend money on room service, parking, internet, and other very high margin services

2) the 'mid-level' chains (Courtyard, Hilton Garden Inn, etc) are continuing to build themselves a very niche following by offering many services (phone calls, internet, continental breakfast at some locations, etc) for free. Evening Manager's Reception is another brilliant perk that i think draws people to a particular property.

Thanks for the post.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]