Priceline Hotel: 3* Dayton failed bids

86x
By 86x,
in

First I logged in via the PRICELINE link to start purchases and searches.

I bid $37 on 3-STAR hotels in Dayton downtown-(south) zone for Saturday 10/2/10. This bid created a red error message indicating that my bid was likely to fail given recent history. The average retail in this area is $137.

I bid $38 on 3-STAR hotels in Dayton downtown-(south) zone. This bid was rejected.

I bid $41 on 3-STAR hotels in Dayton downtown-(south) and also included the separate Dayton-South zone. This bid was rejected.

First I logged in via the PRICELINE link to start purchases and searches.

I bid up to $44 for the same zones and added fairborn patterson. My bid was again rejected. I'm now considering myself to be temporarily out of options because I don't want to risk opening up the zones into another area 10 or 15 miles away and risk actually getting what I wished for. Are there any horror stories that could involve new hotels popping up without notice? I figure it's not worth the hassle if it ends up that way.

Hotwire has a $44 hotel offering I could fall back on but it is only rated 2-stars and there are no amenities. I'm thinking it could be Econo or maybe an unknown. I'm holding out for the 24 hour time limit and will bid again. I will continue to post results here on my October to be determined stay.

You're bidding on the lower side so i think you should keep bidding to your zones since you have plenty of time to close this. No need to start change any zones unless you have reached your max budgett/night.

Are there any horror stories that could involve new hotels popping up without notice?
We see new hotels/upgrades/downgrades all the time. The hotels on the boards list are only the reported ones.

You posted the avarage price for hotels. Remeber that you must allways break the higest price to get the rest of the dates.

Good luck!

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Yellowdog.

I bid up to $44 for the same zones and added fairborn patterson.

NOTE: Fairborn Patterson is NOT a re-bid zone when bidding the 3* level in the Dayton region.

It sounds as if you may be using the hotel lists to determine your re-bid zones and this is NOT recommended, as per the comments at the top of the Priceline Hotel List.

The correct way to determine your re-bid zones is detailed here: Priceline Re-Bidding Explained At the 3* level you do have TWO re-bid zones, but Fairborn Patterson is not one of them.

Please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and see if you can confirm your TWO re-bid zones and we'll take it from there. If you read this previous link and are confused just post back and we'll break it down further for you.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I just scored a winning priceline bid for a 2-1/2* for August in the Dayton South zone at $46 after increasing in small increments. The property is a Comfort Suites, all-suite property with free breakfast. It's only 9 miles away from downtown and I know it's not the zone you want, but thought I'd share to put the area in context for you.

Like the mod said though, you've got lots of time before your planned stay in October. Unless that's the weekend of the world's biggest dog show or some other event that's going to fill all of Dayton's hotels, don't get in a hurry and open up zones that you don't want to stay in.

Cheers!

I just scored a winning priceline bid for a 2-1/2* for August in the Dayton South zone at $46 after increasing in small increments. The property is a Comfort Suites, all-suite property with free breakfast. It's only 9 miles away from downtown

I'm familiar with that property, and would recommend it, as we often put business guests up there. It's very convenient... right off of 75. It's across from a mall, so a bit of traffic, but plenty of good places to eat--especially if you head west on 741 towards Centerville.

• 1 month later...

Well the dates in question turned out to be pretty high volume due to Fiddler on the Roof, U. Dayton Parents Weekend, Dayton football and soccer games at home. The DoubleTree, Marriott, and Courtyard are all 100% sold out.

I failed to book early enough, so now I'm staying in a motel down the road for $50. The only other alternative was to pay upwards of $149 to stay at CP in downtown (available on priceline but no discount). Wish I had booked in July for $100 but that's hindsight.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]