Hotwire Hotel: 4* Maui (Kaanapali) Sheraton

thehabs25
By thehabs25,
in

I'm looking to book a 4* or higher resort for a stay in Maui from Oct 21-23. My wife and another couple already have a condo booked for the 14-21st but its just going to be the two of us for the 21-23 so we would like to pamper ourselves a little bit but save some money for a short stay somewhere on the island. What are some good bidding strategy's and what price range am I looking at? I'm hoping to budget under $200 a night.

BTW, we are staying in Kihei area for a week already so I was thinking that a stay in the Kaanapali or Lahaina area would be nice.

HOTWIRE does have a few different options available in Kaanapali and Lahaina within your budget for these dates if you would rather spend a bit more to ensure something specific. Which zone/s are you primarily interested in?

Please use the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

I just took a look to see the differences between Kaanapali and Lahaina and it looks like Kaanapali would be a better place to stay. (http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g29220-i86-k3661573-Kaanapali_vs_Lahaina-Maui_Hawaii.html) I'd be ok with going with using HOTWIRE to book a resort. What four star options do I have for Kaanapali?

thehabs25

I'd be ok with going with using HOTWIRE to book a resort. What four star options do I have for Kaanapali?

HOTWIRE only list one hotel per star level. So you need to search for your dates at HOTWIRE and look.

All reported hotel for Hawaii can be found in this link: Hotwire Hawaii Hotels

Let us know how we can help you further

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Yellowdog.

thehabs25

HOTWIRE only list one hotel per star level. So you need to search for your dates at HOTWIRE and look.

All reported hotel for Hawaii can be found in this link: Hotwire Hawaii Hotels

Let us know how we can help you further

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Yellowdog.

I just did a search for Oct 21-23 and there is two 4 star resorts. Do you have any guesses as to which resorts they are? I was hoping for Hyatt Regency, Sheraton or Westin.

1. $199 - Resort, Beachfront, Smoke-Free, Fitness Center, Pool, Restaurant, Business Center, Laundry Facilities (Recommended 95%)

2. $233 - Condo, Resort, Beachfront, Studio, Fully Equipped Kitchen, Smoke Free Room, In-Room Laundry, Pool

I belive that you don't have listed all amenities for the 4* hotel. If you go back to HOTWIRE and click the CONTINUE button next to this offering and then click the "See all amenities" link under the icons, do you see more amenities than what you've listed above?

Doublecheck the condo also.

Yellowdog.

I just double checked and here are the full amenities.

Kaanapali Area

1. $199 - Resort, Beachfront, Smoke-Free, Fitness Center, Pool, Restaurant, Business Center, Laundry Facilities , Hi Speed Internet, Golf Nearby, Tennis Nearby, Spa Services, Childrens Activity Program (Recommended 95%)

2. $233 - Condo, Resort, Beachfront, Studio, Fully Equipped Kitchen, Smoke Free Room, In-Room Laundry, Pool, Restaurant, High-Speed Internet, Golf Nearby, Spa Services

The 4* hotel matches previous reports for the Sheraton so that would be my best guess for that one... the condo property has not yet been identified.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Sheraton seems pretty good. I might book with that one even though its now $203. I noticed a 4 star in Wailea as well. Can you tell me you guess for that one?

Oct 21-23 - Wailea-Makena area - 4star - $194 - Recommended 85%

Amenities - Resort, Beachfront, Fitness Center, Pool, Restaurant, Laundry Facilities, HIgh Speed Internet, Golf Nearby, Tennis Nearby, Spa Services, Childrens Activity Program

I just did a search for Oct 21-23 and there is two 4 star resorts. Do you have any guesses as to which resorts they are? I was hoping for Hyatt Regency, Sheraton or Westin.

1. $199 - Resort, Beachfront, Smoke-Free, Fitness Center, Pool, Restaurant, Business Center, Laundry Facilities (Recommended 95%)

2. $233 - Condo, Resort, Beachfront, Studio, Fully Equipped Kitchen, Smoke Free Room, In-Room Laundry, Pool

There's an excellent chance that the Condo is either the Westin Kaanapaali Ocean Villas studios, or the Marriott Ocean Club Villas although no guarantees.

When it's been coming up, the Sheraton Maui has typically gone for $175-180 on PRICELINE. Of course, you might just as easily end up with the Hyatt or the Westin in Kaanapaali, but I think that all of those hotels are comparable to one another - but the Sheraton is on the best part of Kaanapaali beach.

When it's been coming up, the Sheraton Maui has typically gone for $175-180 on PRICELINE. Of course, you might just as easily end up with the Hyatt or the Westin in Kaanapaali, but I think that all of those hotels are comparable to one another - but the Sheraton is on the best part of Kaanapaali beach.

I have decided to get the hotel on hotwire. I got it for $203 a night. The sheraton. Thanks.

Congratulations on your success!

Hope you're happy with the decision and the deal you received and are looking forward to your stay.

Thank you for sharing your results with the board.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]