Hotwire Hotel: 3.5* San Francisco (USE) Galleria Park

kelmn07
By kelmn07,
in

Hi,

I am looking into some hotels for my boss. He would like to stay in the San Francisco area July 30 and 31, and then at the SFO airport on August 1. He is reluctant to try Priceline, but I assure him it is much cheaper.

Preferrably a 3.5* or up. Also, do all of the hotels in the airport bidding zones provide complimentary shuttle service? That is a must for his stay on the 1st.

For the 30 and 31, maybe something no more than $100, and on the 1 something around $65 to $75, based on previous win prices.

Thanks.

Please follow-up your Priceline Montreal thread with whatever you ended up doing for that stay... we'll then use this thread for your the 7/30-8/1 San Francisco stay, please start a NEW TOPIC for the Airport stay on 8/1.

For the 7/30-8/1 stay, which zones within San Francisco does your boss want to stay?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks, I tried to cancel that yesterday before posting this but couldn't find it. He has decided to go with Orbitz to book the airport stay, so he is just looking to stay in San Francisco, 3.5* or up. Most likely Fisherman's Wharf or Financial District. My best guess is to keep it somewhere under $110 a night, with taxes, if possible?

Thanks!

Priceline only offers up to 3.5* in Fisherman's Wharf zone. USW, USE, and FD-Emb go to 4*.

For consistency's sake we like to discuss bids in pretax terms here. A $110 limit including tax/fee means a maximum bid of $93.

Which of these two plans would your boss prefer:

1) Bid up to $93 for a 4* in USE, USW, and FD-Emb first, then if rejected try for a 3.5* in the same zones, plus FW.

OR

2) Bid for the lowest price 3.5* or higher available in any of the four zones.

Or to put it a little differently, if both were available which would your boss prefer---a 4* for $93 or a 3.5* for $75?

He is definitely open to 3.5*, but he was trying to bid already this morning for a 3.5* in those 4 zones up to $90. None were accepted. He did not know about this site, I have since closed out the window he was searching in and opened a new priceline from the link on this site.

Looking at what Orbitz offered, I think it is reasonable to go for higher than a $93 bid. For that area, most of what Orbitz offered was $150 and up, so it is reasonable to want to bid under than that. He doesn't actually have a 'limit' per say, but I am just trying to find him the best deal possible. I saw that someone won the Westin for $105 on the same days and Orbitz had it for $215, that's big savings!

So as I search, we are open to your advice and suggestions, I agree with your #1 plan.

So to confirm you're seeking a 4* hotel in the USE, USW, or Financial District-Embarcadero zones with a maximum bid of $110?

If this is correct, and assuming he has already bid for a 4* in all of these zones up to $90, i would wait 24 hours from his last rejected bid so that you can star with a 'clean slate'...

At the 4* level you have FIVE re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 4* USE, USW and FD...

Bid $85, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $90, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $95, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $100, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $105, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $110

If he has NOT yet bid all these zones up to $90 then don't follow the above and post back with the zone(s) he has bid, including any re-bid zones, and we'll advise on how to continue bidding.

Any questions feel free to ask.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases. (and note in our support page we have a link to Orbitz too if he hasn't yet booked that reservation)

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Actually, I am going to wait until the 24 hours to remove the financial district before I bid 3.5*, I saw on the priceline win list that Club Quarters is considered 3.5*, with horrible reviews on Tripadvisor, not sure how it could be a 3.5* and I wouldn't want to risk it. Please advise any strategy for after my 24 hours.

Thanks!

Congratulations on your success and thank you for sharing your results with the board.

Can you please add a reply to this thread with the amenities shown before your purchase... you can still view this information by going to HOTWIRE and clicking the MY ACCOUNT link near the top right of their home page.

Thank you for sharing your results and using the HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your purchase.

Hope your boss is happy with the results and enjoys his stay.

This must have seemed like an ordeal but in your situation, you probably did the right thing. Rooms seem tight and the rack rate at GPH appears to be $229 at its lowest. Other rooms are higher. So you actually did quite well, saving approximately 35-40% on a tough weekend. Hopefully boss will appreciate it!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]