Hotwire Hotel: Magnificent Mile Area - Streeterville area hotel

twbelshaw
By twbelshaw,
in

My wife and I are going up Friday for a Cub/Cardinal game and found a Magnificent Mile Area - Streeterville area hotel 4.5* for 184.00. Here are the amenities:

No Smoking Rooms, Fitness, Restaurant(s), Business Center, High Speed Internet

Any Idea on what hotel this is? Thanks for all of your help!

Happy to help! :)

Cubs/Cards is a busy period, but I believe there's a significant convention this time period, as well (not to mention Summer traffic on top of it.) Unfortunately, downtown prices are definitely on the high side, with the lowest HOTWIRE rate for the downtown area being this property.

If your friends are paying $289 for the Blackstone, definitely tell them about this HOTWIRE deal (and Betterbidding :) ), as while the Blackstone is supposed to be a very nice property, this is both a much better location and price.

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Hi twbelshaw

I'm always glad to help a fellow Cards fan (unless you're a transplanted Cubs fan....but that's okay too)

Have you committed to a room yet? The reason I ask is that my wife and I visit Chicago several times per year and always stay on the Mag Mile (NMA - River North area on Priceline).

Booking via Priceline, we almost always pay less than $100 per night. I just booked a room for a friend's wedding for 8/20 - 8/22 for $94 per night. This would be significant savings over your stated rate of $184 in your previous post. I only consider 4* hotels, and have usually won the Sheraton Chicago Hotel Tower or the Intercontinental. Either way, all of these 4* hotels are about the same (very nice) and clustered near the same location. So if you are semi-flexible, Priceline could be good.

I have also, in the past, stayed in the Loop/Millenium Park because of the cheaper prices - I'm talking $50-$70 per night. But this time I wanted the NMA area. (I will say that if you choose this area, you may end up in the Palmer House, which I did not like as it was sort of old and needed a renovation - it's well past its glory days.) However, if you're lucky, you could get a hotel on Michigan Ave on the south bank of the river. Again, with Priceline, you have to be flexible!

However, if you need to choose a specific hotel, you may want to stick with Hotwire.

Good luck!

HI

Not really replying to post as I am asking a question

Have read a lot of your posts and you seem to undwerstand hotwire

I am heading to Chicago August 10 to August 12

Hotwire showing the following

4 star north michigan water tower 102

3 1 /2 star north michigan 95

4 1/2 star n michigan water tower 159

4 star mag mile streeterville 126

3 1/2 mag mile streeterville 103

any idea what these hotels might be

If possible I would really like to stay in one of the following (listed in order of preference)

1. Intercontinental

2. Hard Rock

3. Sheraton

4. James

5. Amalfi

6. Omni

From my research it looks like some of the above prices could be any or all of the above

Any suggestions would help

Thanks in advance

Chris

Christopher, welcome to Betterbidding. :)

The list of Chicago HOTWIRE properties that have been reported to the board can be found in this Hotwire hotel List. If you would like help in confirming listings, please post a new thread with the amenity icons (as well as the information above - star rating, zone) you are seeing for each listing you would like help with. Keep in mind that not all properties show up for each set of dates, as well, and there is no guarantee of getting a specific property.

Please use the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]