Priceline Hotel: 2* Trumbull-Milford (Stratford-Milford) Hampton Inn

relaxing41
By relaxing41,
in

Using the PRICELINE link on your site I started my search for a hotel in Milford, Orange or New Haven. I had no luck there for 3 stars. I tried to get a 3 star hotel and bid up to$55 using the extra bonus cash of $10. Nothing was accepted. I changed dates from 6/19 to 6/29 and could not get any acceptance for a 3 star in milford for any of my bids. I finally changed my star level to 2.5 with no difference and then to 2 stars. I expected to get the Fairfield Inn Marriott in Milford for $35 but that price was not accepted. I got a message that stated if I bid anywhere between $10-$45 extra I would be allowed to rebid for the same dates otherwise I would need to change my dates or star levels. Eventually I accepted by bidding ten dollars more for $45 and got the Hampton. That is $90 for two nights plus taxes and fees.

The acceptance letter said the Hotel was available for check in at 2:00 and checkout was 12:00pm, WHen I arrived I was very tired and the clerk said the room would not be ready until 3pm. I was a bit irritated by this but I decided to wait in the lobby until the first room was ready. An hour and some time later I was told my room was ready. I was allowed to use the internet while I waited. The room has only 1 bed. I was surprised by this especially because the bed was only a full size bed. I was there with my child and it was not what I expected. I left the room and walked the halls to check out the inside of the other rooms. I noticed all the rooms had the same setup with only one bed so I decided it would be a mute point to ask for a bigger bed at the desk. I tried to get the tv to work and it didnt so I tried to call the front desk and the phone did not work either. I had to get up and walk to the front desk and tell them both the phone AND the tv did not work. They said they would fix it. Upon returning to the room the tv was fixed to the point where we could watch 4 channels so I decided to call again but the phone still did not work. It never did work even when we left. ANother thing i didnt like was that the sheets were not cleaned. I had to walk to the front desk and ask for clean sheets. I was given fitted sheets and not regular ones. I was thankful I only decided to stay 2 nights. I originally was looking to stay for 4-5.

THe only good thing about this hotel is that it offers a free breakfast. hot homeade waffles, hardboiled eggs, yogurt, doughnuts, coffee and tea 24/7, juice, toast, scrambled eggs, bagels, cereal, hot and cold and milk, creamcheese, sausages, etc.

I hope the Fairfield Marriott comes back !

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]