Hotwire Hotel: Barcelona Sept15-19/05

baldtomato
By baldtomato,
in

Hi everyone,

first time here. I'm trying to bid for one room Barcelona Sept 15 - 19, 2005

I want ~ 4*, hoping to be fairly central / close to Metro station (i don't speak Spanish!)

Hotwire is giving me a 3.5* in Ciutat Vella - Barri Gotic with the following amenities -

restaurant, pool, fitness center, high speed internet, business center

for USD 116/night

does anyone know which hotel is under that card? will it be fairly central?

(Priceline seems pretty unhelpful in Barcelona from what i'm reading from this forum?)

thanks!

I don't know anything much about Barcelona either.

Try this, though, to get a hint. Set up a dummy vacation package from JFK - BCN on Hotwire. Note the hotels that come up. Map the 3.5* hotels and see if they are in the zone you mentioned. There's a fair chance that if the hotel is in the right zone with the right star rating that it's the appropriate hotel. I see the Husa Barcelona Mar and the H10 Marina Barcelona Hotel and the Hotel Barcelona Universal show up as a possible matches - but I don't know what zone they are in.

However, before you do that, I'd thoroughly research for a good hotel in a good area first, the traditional way with guidebooks and all. Spain doesn't seem to offer stunning opaque deals really for the most part. Try Orbitz for a start.

I'd also take a look at the Tryp chain (solmelia.com) and Best Western hotels in Spain. Just because a hotel is a BW doesn't mean it corresponds to the American version at all. Both of these often offer great deals.

thanks a bunch!!!

I did the same dummy search following your suggestion, the following came up 3.5* -

Husa Barcelona Mar came up as "Near Beach" so it's probably not the bingo

Husa Arenas also 3.5* but not the same list of amenities

Husa Marina Barcelona also "Near Beach"

Husa Marina Universal has the same list of amenities and seems to fit the price range. It says it's near Las Ramblas, opened in 2001... i think this could be it

I'll try other websites too, thanks a bunch!

• 1 year later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]