What does "No mention of PL" mean?

light packer
By light packer,
in

I have been reading a couple of hotel reviews here, and I noticed that most of them declared "No mention of Priceline".

No mention of Priceline... where? when? I assume during check-in?

Is it best not to reveal during check-in, that you got the room via Priceline? Why?

I am browsing Priceline threads so I would not know about Hotwire. Is it the same case with Hotwire?

No mention of Priceline... where? when? I assume during check-in?
Yes, this is during C/I. Some people don't like when the hotel mention that they have a PRICELINE or HOTWIRE resarvation.
Is it best not to reveal during check-in, that you got the room via Priceline? Why?
The hotel can see what kind of booking you have made in the system. So they know if you booked thru PRICELINE, thru some other online agency, or directly with the hotel.
I am browsing Priceline threads so I would not know about Hotwire. Is it the same case with Hotwire?
Yes, it's the same with HOTWIRE.

Yellowdog.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

most desk clerks will simply state that "your room is prepaid" but will occasionally encounter a snarky front desk clerk who will proclaim for all to hear within earshot "you made your reservation through Priceline". My standard response: "yes, and I saved $75 off your best room rate, I'll use this towards dinner, can you recommend a good off premises restaurant?"

• 3 weeks later...

I'd prefer them not to mention that I booked through Priceline. But there really isn' t any shame in using priceline. (Although I really wish Priceline were more of a secret, word-of-mouth kind of thing.)

Once or twice a front desk clerk exclaimed, "wow, you got a really good rate!" in an admiring way. I don' t see anything wrong with that either.

There are a few people who are into openly bragging about the rate they have on priceline and I think that' s not so good either. Hotels need to get business from full-rate customers so if you tell those customers to use Priceline you are doing a disservice to the hotel.

Also -- Although I enjoy using priceline and most of the time get a great deal, but you do pay a price as well: You completely lose the freedom of choice and you always run the risk getting a hotel you don' t like.

Are we also going to brag about the times we got stuck in a hotel we hated? The times we got stuck with only one bed for two people who are not a couple? The times we got stuck with a smoking room when that was all that was available?

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]