Ratin system on Pricelineuk and Priceline.com

cbird
By cbird,
in

While researching a hotel in Kaanapali I discovered that PricelineUK rate the Royal Lahaina Resort as 4* in their packages. Priceline.com rate this same hotel as a 3*.

I have emailed their customer service twice but they keep dodging the issue giving me replies to questions I didnt ask.

Am now waiting for a reply to my 3rd email.

Anyone using the UK site may need to check both sites package options to ascertain the ratings or end up with a hotel they didnt want.

• 2 weeks later...

I took a look at London hotels at the Priceline UK site using the Holiday Packages feature.

I noticed the Regent Palace hotel is listed as a 3* hotel, although the Holiday Package offered the option of a room without facilities! The Regent Palace hotel would be in the Mayfair-Soho zone, and so far as I know, no one has ever reported winning a 3* bid there.

However - the Regent Palace hotel has a ghastly reputation for years, quite apart from the shared bathrooms issue. Look at TripAdvisor reviews (which include pictures of bedbug bites).

Surely one would be able to dispute winning this hotel on Priceline (either US or UK) if one were awarded a room with no facilities, but I guess you probably could not dispute it if you got a room with an ensuite bath. It's probably not worth the risk to bid Mayfair-Soho 3* or 2*.

Personally I have never stayed at the Regent Palace but do know that they have many rooms without ensuite facilities. In my experience(admitedly limited) of hotels in London Iwould not consder staying in a 3* anywhere there unless I knew the name of the hotel and was able to do some research. 3* in London is not like ANY 3*I have stayed at in the States.I would say that lots of 4* in London are more like 3*in the US.

BTW I have just stayed at the Cavendish St James Hotel in the Piccadily Mayfair area. Very nice and would recommend it to anyone. Lovely hotel and in a great position for the West End and Theatres.

I never did get a reply from Priceline in answer to my question about ratings. Sent 2 emails. When I have time I intend to look further at the ratings of the two sites.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]