Priceline Hotel: 3* Los Angeles (Beverly Hills) Doubletree Westwood

shamp
By shamp,
in

Hi,

I'm going to LA for the first time and I would really like to stay at the Hyatt in West Hollywood, not interested in any other 3* hotel.

My stay dates are May 30 - July 4.

I've read through much of the board, so I understand there's no guarantee PL will put me at the Hyatt with a successful bid. Any bidding strategy would be much appreciated. My guess would be to start at $56, since it looks like that worked for similar stay dates in 2004.

but rooms are available on the hotel's website, hyatt.com

Check-in Date:

Thu 30 Jun 2005

Check-out Date:

Mon 04 Jul 2005

1 Adults

0 Kids

1 Room

Gold Passport Number:

Current Points:

06-30-2005=179.00 USD

07-01-2005=179.00 USD

07-02-2005=189.00 USD

07-03-2005=179.00 USD

726.00 USD Total Per Room

I didn't pick up on it either... just inputted the dates and got the "no availability screen" :)

We don't generally recommend bidding for a specific hotel as you can often end up overbidding and getting a hotel other than the one you want. There is no bidding strategy in this zone that i know of which would specifically target the Hyatt, but if this is what you want to try for (in addition to the warning about trying for a specific hotel) i would bid $68, if that is rejected wait 72 hours and try $73.

What is believed to be the Hyatt is available on HOTWIRE for $139/nite, which may be a safer, although more expensive way of playing this.

Let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]