Hotwire Hotel: please help with LA in july

joern
By joern,
in

Hello

We are a family from Denmark planing to spend a week in La in july. Our kids (10 and 16) would like to see Beverly Hills and Hollywood. We also plan to visit Universal Studios, Six Flags and maybe Santa Monica Beach.

I guess the smartest thing would be a hotel in or near Beverly Hills, and one near Universal Studios and another one near Six Flags?

My kids want a hotel with pool and I want it to be in a Safe neighbourhood and at a price below or very close to USD 100 per night. One room for all us would be fine.

Can you help in what to look for in HOTWIRE? I guess that hoping to find rooms to USD 50 each if we decide to take two rooms is impossible (on PRICELINE)?

Thank you in advance

Joern

Welcome to BetterBidding, joern, and welcome to the U.S.A!

What are your dates in LA? I assume you'll have a car?

It's a personal decision whether you want to switch hotels once or twice during your stay, or stay put the whole time and do more driving. The places you're visiting are scattered all over LA, so moving once or twice makes sense, if you're willing. Otherwise you'll be doing lots of freeway driving. I think it's fun to experience a few different parts of a city myself, but some people just don't like to move.

There are so many ways you could divide this, according to your interests.

One plan might be:

3 nights Hollywood (see Hollywood, take Metro to Universal and maybe Downtown LA)

1 night near Six Flags (it's a long drive and back in one day)

3 nights in a beach area (Santa Monica or Redondo), or Beverly Hills

That's just one possibility, to get your thinking started.

Let us know how you want to proceed.

Please use these HOTWIRE and PRICELINE links for your purchases.

Thank you for the reply.

Your plan seems like exactly what i had in mind and yes, we plan to have a car.

Only thing im not sure about, is what the best would be for my kids: Beverly Hills or Santa Monica. They do, however prefer pools.

Thank you for your help

Joern

I don't think you can go wrong with either zone---Bev Hills or Santa Monica. Since you'll have a car whichever zone you stay in you'll probably visit the other. It might come down to which zone has two beds and pool for under $100. I need to know dates to see what's available and make suggestions.

In whichever zone(s) you ultimately decide to stay, Hotwire is probably better for your family than Priceline, since you can guarantee 2 beds on Hotwire by searching "2 adults/2children". Priceline only guarantees double occupancy, which could be a room with one bed. Another plus to Hotwire---you can often ID the hotels before you buy (and then check if the hotel has a pool you like).

I know you're still in early planning stages. When you get to the point of knowing what days in what zones we can look at each piece of your trip, one at a time.

Once you decide which one night you're spending near Six Flags that piece might be easiest to get out of the way first; or if you've decided on three nights in Hollywood first, start with that.

Are your dates firm enough that you want to start bidding and shopping for hotels now? If so which leg of your trip do you want to try first?

I think the Six Flags night might be easiest---since it's a one night stay---if you want to get that out of the way first. Or we could start with Hollywood. Since you still haven't decided between Bev Hills and Santa Monica for nights 4-6, we'll probably save that piece for last.

Let us know where you want to begin.

i'm sorry, but i have to wait and book the rooms in last minute. We have family in California and have to wait and see what their plans are before i can do the booking. When i book, can you give me some advice about what and how to book? i have access to the internet when i am in USA so i guess that it's not a problem to book the rooms a few days before we need them?

Please post back when you're ready to purchase, joern. If thats not until a few days before your trip don't worry. LA never sells out, although certain hotels and/or zones might. With a little flexibility you'll still be able to find something later. Prices and availability change daily so there's no point in doing rate research or suggesting hotels before you're ready to buy. What I find today may not be there tomorrow.

Let us know if we can help further.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]