EasyClick's star ratings

KatiesMom
By KatiesMom,
in

I have a daily routine. Each day I wake up, do, you know...stuff, and then I race down to my computer and check out hotwire, travelzoo and Easy Click...trying to be first when the tide in prices turns and I can get that superawesome deal for my little one night trip to NYC in April.

I've been doing this for a couple months. I want to get that $110 Hilton special priceline deal that a couple other posters got, but realistically I know I won't because my stay is for a solitary Saturday night. One is indeed the loneliest number, especially one Saturday night in the big apple. But I digress...

My observation about Easy Click is that their star ratings (for NYC anyway) are inflated (not unlike hotwire). For example, the Radisson Lexington is listed as a 4*, at best it's a 3*.

At least the opaque properties are easy to figure out, especially when the extra hint sometimes contains the actual name of the hotel in it..coff...coff..Surrey...

And then there is that post, where the customer was walked before even getting there...

Is ECT good and reliable? Have any of you used them and had good results, please let me know.

I used ECT to book one night at the Monte Carlo in Vegas, (using the tool above) everything went fine. Upon check in, all that was mentioned was that my room was prepaid and that my request for a non smoking room with two double beds could be fulfilled. I actually screwed up the reservation as I had been checking for the rate to drop (after it had raised from $109 to $129). When it dropped back to $109, I jumped on it but booked it for one person instead of two. When I called a few days later to correct it, I was told that the rates went up for my date, back to $129. I just asked ECT to note my request for two double beds on my reservation, which they did and all went well.

• 1 month later...

EasyClickTravel goof

4/29--4/30 Tampa, FL

one of the off-the-record hotels.............well they give the hotel's name.........must be some kind of a mistake

Off The Record

Tampa ,FL, US

The Hyatt Regency Tampa is a beautiful property ideally located just a short distance on foot or by car from the area's most popular attractions... more info

$215 a night

way too expensive, but still it's funny!

:) :) :o

Hi ufo,

I suppose the hotel is just doing it to "technically" stay opaque so you can't compare the ECT rate to its own in case it's have one of those....We advertise the lowest price or double your money...yada yada yada things...

Still...seems rather silly to me that the opaque is so transparent...but what the hey...

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]