Priceline Hotel: Priceline: Galveston, TX?

buckeyeman96
By buckeyeman96,
in

Don't know for sure, but I was interested in Galveston also - I see there are a couple of Wyndham hotels, a Hilton and a La Quinta that are all rated 3 or 3.5 * with Expedia. I would think the Wyndhams or the Hilton seem fairly likely to participate with Priceline, but I am just guessing.

Hotwire might be a good choice, also. Have you looked at it, yet?

If you buy, let me know.

I don't have any definite dates in mind, just interested in visiting that area. But I would definitely post here, if I went ahead.
Hotwire is too pricey -about $135 for a 3.5 star for May.

What are your dates? I see a 3.5 * for $76 for May 16-20. I think it is the weekend rates that are high, can you go midweek?

These are the amenities for the 3.5*:

Near Beach, Restaurant(s), Pool(s), Fitness Center, Golf Nearby, Tennis Nearby, Business Center

I think this matches up pretty well to the Hilton, don't you? Expedia and hilton.com both list all of these features, although on the Hilton website, they list a coin laundry as well.

If I was going to try Priceline, I would guess I'd be close around $60 or $65 for the same dates.

I've found Galveston to be tricky to bid although it's been about a year since my last bid. Tricky in that I couldn't make a priceline bid for both days I wanted yet was able to get one day with PL and other with Hotwire. Pricing is higher than Houston...I think I had to finally accept starting at $65 and work my way up due to limited rebid zones. From what I remember, both Hotel Galvez and Tremont Hotel are now rated 3* though once upon a time Tremont was a 4* and was downgraded presumably for opacity with Galvez since both are Wyndham properties. Galvez faces beach (although Galveston beach isn't a pretty one, very sandy) and Tremont is downtown. Tremont doesn't have a pool but by agreement with Galvez as a sister property, you can drive over to use their pool. I also remember seeing San Luis Resort coming up as a 3.5* on Hotwire.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]