Getting from FLL to Port of Miami

reavtrain
By reavtrain,
in

Hey everyone,

Just wondering if anyone can provide me with link to a shuttle service that runs from Fort Lauderdale airport to port of Miami. I am taking a cruise on Carnival but I don't want to use their shuttle service because the day after the cruise I am staying in a nice Miami hotel (through priceline). If anyone knows of a good link then please let me know. Oh yeah, just 2 people traveling toghether. I appreciate it.

You could just rent a car for a day. There is usually no one-way drop fee between these two cities, but confirm with the individual rental company. Rates can be very low for car rentals, and it may be a lot easier than shuttles. Can't remember if you can actually drop cars at Port of Miami, check with car rental companies.

Hi...

We just did exactly what you want to do in January. We rented a car at FLL and drove down. It's less than an hour's drive. We got a really cheap Priceline room for the one night, that had free parking.

You can't drop off the car at the Port, but several rental companies have offices in hotels very near to the Port, and then provide a shuttle van to the ship. We used Enterprise... there was no 'drop-off charge'... I think the car cost us about $26 which included all the taxes, etc.

The one mistake we made was to take the car to the port first to drop off the luggage. You can't really just drop off the luggage... you have to go through the whole registration procedure, which meant we had to pay to park the car. So, drive to the rental company drop off place first, and then use their shuttle to get you and your luggage to the port.

Enjoy your cruise!!

JB

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]