I found a 3* in Myrtle Beach that has the following ammenities:

Oceanfront

Restaurant

Pool

Fitness

Children's Programs

Golf

Laundry

I don't see anything like this listed on here yet or in the packages section of Hotwire. Does anyone have any idea which hotel it might be? It's listed at $50 for the night of March 18-19, 2005.

There is also a 2.5* listed for $64 that has the following ammenities:

Beachfront

Breakfast

Pool

Fitness

Laundry

I can't figure this one out either. I know what the difference is between Beachfront and Oceanfront, but when I went to the package section and looked at a place that was listed as Oceanfront it was on a beach. Any ideas why?

THANKS!!!

I don't see anything like this listed on here yet or in the packages section of Hotwire. Does anyone have any idea which hotel it might be? It's listed at $50 for the night of March 18-19, 2005.

I thought you were looking for Charleston for the beginning of April. Are you now switching to Myrtle Beach for mid-March?

I can't figure this one out either.  I know what the difference is between Beachfront and Oceanfront, but when I went to the package section and looked at a place that was listed as Oceanfront it was on a beach.  Any ideas why?

Which property and dates were you looking at for this example?

Scorp,

We were originally looking at early April, but rates are MUCH less in March so we are now looking at March 14-18 in Mount Pleasant, and then the 18-19 in Myrtle Beach. We made reservations for the Red Roof Inn in Mount Pleasant ($45/night) and the Holiday Inn Express Oceanfront in Myrtle Beach ($79.) I just got my email that I can try Priceline again now that it has been 72 hours for Mount Pleasant, but I want to make sure that I have an exisiting reservation already made, just in case.

I went back to look for you specifically which hotels I saw that were labeled as being Oceanfront, but that had pictures indicating they were Beachfront and now there aren't any. Yesterday there were 2.

I found a 3* in Myrtle Beach that has the following ammenities:

Oceanfront

Restaurant

Pool

Fitness

Children's Programs

Golf

Laundry

I'm wondering if this might be the Ocean Dunes Resort and Villas????

Take a look at their web site and let me know what you think....

They definitely refer to themselves as oceanfront, and the amenities seem to match up fairly well.

The thing that was throwing me off with this one is that some of the rooms have kitchenettes, but I don't think the basic hotel-style rooms do.

Not sure about the 2.5* -- I will try and spend a few minutes on it later, though.

Scorp,

That's exactly what I thought to, but I think the Dunes has a continental breakfast listed and not a restaurant. I think that was the one. There was one amenity listed that the Dunes didn't have which was throwing me off. Thanks for the help! I'm not sure if we want to take the chance with Hotwire for the Myrtle Beach part of our stay because we really want an oceanfront room and that can't be guaranteed.

Don't know if these dates would ever work for you or not, but just saw this:

Stay oceanfront in Myrtle Beach at the AAA 3-Diamond Dayton House for only $49 per night (Sunday-Thursday); weekends are just $10 more. This special rate gets you a oceanview efficiency with a private balcony and kitchenette. Upgrade for only $20 more to a 1-bedroom oceanfront suite with a full kitchen, separate living room and private balcony. You save over 50% OFF!

Located near the Myrtle Beach Pavilion Amusement Park, the Dayton House sits on an acre of beach. Amenities include indoor/outdoor pools, whirlpools, and a fitness center.

Travel April 24 through May 25. Blackout Dates: May 19-21.

It's at Travelzoo.

• 1 month later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]