NY NYC Airports La Guardia Airport Hotel LGA

travelcoupons
By travelcoupons,
in

I had a room facing Grand Cent. Parkway. There was noticeable road noise and occasionally i heard a plane, but it did not keep me awake.

The only negative i could find with this place is that the heat was impossible to regulate. It was either constantly blowing hot air regardless of the setting or temperature of the room, or if i tried to turn it to a cooler setting it would just blow cold air.

I ate at the restaurant which is open from 5-10pm i believe, food was quite good.

The airport shuttle runs from 5 Am- 1 AM. I used it a couple times. Once to go to the airport to catch the M-60 bus to Astoria and then take the subway from there to midtown manhattan. The shuttle runs every 20 minutes. I never waited more than 10 minutes at the airport for one. There is also a city bus stop in front of the Marriott which is adjacent, but across a side street to the Wyndham. I looked inside the Marriott and found a little gift shop where newspapers could be purchased. None are available at the Wyndham. I checked out at 4 AM because of an early flight. There was an amazing number of people doing the same thing. We all had to take cabs to the airport because the shuttle didn't run until 5. I got the 2nd cab to come, but it took about 20 minutes to get one, allow plenty of time for this if you leave at an early hour.

• 1 year later...

I just finished a one night stay.

The outside looks kind of dumpy. The lobby is very nice. Over all the hotel has seen some wear but is still nice. Hallways are well lit and wide. Rooms are large for NY, bathrooms are kind of small. I had a room facing the highway and could hear some noise. It did not bother me but if your a light sleeper get a room away from the highway. At check in they asked what I want I wanted so if they are not full I am sure they will help you out.

I had a few drinks in the bar along with the spicy calamari it was good but if you don't like spicy food don't get it.

Parking was $15/night. If your willing you may be able to find free street parking.

I was not charged for Internet.

Wall Street Journal free in the lobby.

I have two more nights coming up, I am looking forward to them.

• 4 years later...

This hotel is now the La Guardia Airport Hotel and is old. They renovated the lobby and maybe the restaurant (I didn't eat there) but the rooms are in not so great a shape. They were clean but carpet is old, furnitre is old, sheets don't stay on bed, bathroom was clean but - OLD.

Toilet overflowed on first night - staff was very nice clearing and cleaning. Only one ice maker out of 8 or 9 floors I think worked so when I very frustratingly went to front desk with my empty ice bucket they apologized and said if you call we will bring it up to you and they filled it that time from the restaurant. From then on I just went to desk and asked them to fill it.

Location is horrible. ZERO restaurants nearby - we decided to explore and walk and I think after trekking around for 4-5 miles we found a diner.

What is nice is the shuttle to the airport - leaves every 30 minutes I think. So they will pick you up or drop you off for free and from there you can catch the M60 bus and then the subway from there. So getting out and then back to the hotel was a good hour to 90 minute experience but that was ok.

Staff was amazing and very friendly for what they had to work with... They did however charge us an extra $20/night to have 2 beds in our room and there was no talking that away. I've never had a hotel do this until I started going to NYC so I wasn't happy about it.

Overall we did not save much if any money by staying there from list price with the extra $20/night but we were able to get to bus/subway and we were 5 minutes from airport when it was time to head home.

I wouldn't stay there again by choice but it was tolerable.

Forgot to mention my winning bid was $70 and we stayed 12/2/10-12/6/10. I think the list price at the time was $99/night or close to it. City was actually listed as East Elmhurst.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]