Priceline Hotel: 4* San Francisco (USW-Nob Hill) JW Marriott

sassyannie49
By sassyannie49,
in

Help me! haha I have been using PRICELINE for a million years and never had this much trouble. I would like to stay in union square San Francisco East or West but I have bid up to $125 and still no luck. The homepage says someone recently won a hotel for $100 in Union square west.

Any wisdom to shed? How can I get a reasonably priced hotel I don't want to stay in a best western. I was bidding in 4 star and 3.5 star hotels.

Please add the room rate to your Hotwire San Francisco thread so we can add this information to the topic title of that thread. (and if that was a HOTWIRE win please also include the amenities shown before your purchase, which you can still view by going to HOTWIRE and clicking the MY ACOUNT link near the top right of their home page... if it was a PRICELINE purchase just let us know and we'll move the thread to that section of the board)

Then click this PRICELINE link and reply to this thread with the dates of your above and your maximum bid, we'll then take a look at your options.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

First let me start by saying this is the greatest website ever! I would not be able to live without priceline and I am so happy to have somewhere to turn for help right now.

I need a hotel for June 7th and June 8th around Union Square. I am just going for pleasure and wanted to stay around Union Square my friend refuses to stay by the Warf ( I prefer it ) ...

I have gone up to $125. I could get a Nob Hill Area room on Hotwire for $149 a night with 4 stars. Should I just take that... There is also a union square east 4.5* for 137 I am kind of tempted to go with that.

Which do you recomened? I got a 3.5* hotel the Prescott on Hotwire for 95 last night for the 6th and I am not happy with that hotel so I kinda want to stay with the 4* and up... now im nervous to do hotwire again. Does Priceline have better hotels?

What should I do? Up my bid to $150 I have a car so with an additional $40 a night it gets a bit pricey. Not sure where to go from here I am tiring and just really want to find a nice safe place to stay in the 4 or 3.5 star range asap!

Im not really very familiar with San Francisco I just want to stay in a neighborhood that is safe and not too far from trolleys etc. so we dont have to drive everywhere. Maybe I should expand my search. Any advice on what areas to expand my search to?

Thank you so much for helping me solve all my problems ahead of time...

Andrea

Up to $125 wow that is quite high. I've been bidding near the same dates and only up to $85 looks like I still have a long way to go. There is a big computing conference on next week (Apple WWDC) so maybe all the Priceline deals have been taken?

What about adding 4* Embarcadero zone. It's just a few blocks to the east of USE, and some great hotels like the Omni and Le Meridian are there. I recently got the Omni for $120 and it's #3 out of 250 hotels in SF. TripAdvisor rates it #1 in the US (and #4 in the world) for service.

Worth a try. You could start your bidding a little lower and see what happens.

sassyannie49,

A moderator will merge this with your other Priceline thread for these dates. Then please keep all posts for this stay in the same thread.

You said 4* and 3.5* are acceptable and you've bid to $125 for 4* in USE and USW. Have you done any bidding for 3.5* in USE and USW?

I got a 3.5* hotel the Prescott on Hotwire for 95 last night for the 6th and I am not happy with that hotel so I kinda want to stay with the 4* and up...

What about the Prescott are you unhappy with? Location? Style? Although you bought the Prescott as a 3.5* on Hotwire it's a 4* on Priceline, and bidding 4* in Priceline's USW-Nob Hill zone it's possible you could win Prescott again (although it doesn't come up often.)

The Hotwire 4.5* in USE is likely the Intercontinental on Howard (not the Mark Hopkins Intercontinental). Does that location interest you?

sassyannie49,

What is more important to you... the lowest price or paying a little more and having a guesstimate as to which hotel you may receive?

What are the amenities associated with the HOTWIRE offerings?

Please use the requested PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your purchases and searches.

Then click this PRICELINE link and reply to this thread...
3x

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I have finally completed the hotel searching journey. We ended up dong priceline for 150 and got the JW Marriot Union Square East and West were my selections.

I am actually happy with the Prescott now for $95 that was a steal. Looks like a pretty great little hotel I am excited to see it. I understand "botique" type hotels don't come up often.

I just remember back in 2006 when I first started using priceline I got a great botique hotel 2 seconds from Union Square for $40 oh those were the days.

The Apple Conference is happening this weekend I obviously chose the wrong weekend to travel.

Thank you for all your help you do a great service!

Andrea

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]