Hotwire Hotel: 4.5* San Francisco (Embarcadero) Park Hyatt

tsecondo
By tsecondo,
in

Hello.... I'm in the early stages of planning the final few nights of your honeymoon and we are going to be staying in SF. Since it is the honeymoon and all we want to go all out and find a 4.5* that is hopefully fairly cheap. I have not been to SF in four years so I am a little fuzzy on the areas of teh city to stay in. I have stayed near Union Square on Market (good spot, very busy) and also south of market inthe financial district (dead and scary at night, so guns drawn one night during car robbery!)

Anyway, I did hotwire search of Nob Hill, Fisherman's Wharf, Embarcadero, and Union Sq. East and West.

the 4.5* listings were as follows:

Embarcadero - $124/night, Customer Fav, Rest, Fitness, Hi-Speed Internet, Business Center.

Comments mention balcony, so it seems to be the Omni.

The Embarcadero listing if it is the Omni would awesome, I have only read good reviews. Might be worth the extra $23/night. What does the Embarcadero offer that Union SQ area doesn't?

Nob Hill - $172/night, Customer Fav, Rest, Fitness, Business Center.

Comments are very generic, not sure what hotel it is...

Nob Hill listing seems like it might be too high... but if it is like the four season's i might do it.

USW - $101/night, Rest, Fitness, Business Center

No comments, seems it could be either Pan Pacific or CLIFT

Based on purely price, obviously the USW hotel is the choice. But I have read very mixed reviews of both CLIFT and Pan Pacific.

I know I am way early in looking, but getting a 4.5* in SF for 100/night would be awesome. There are also many 4* listings on Hotwire for about the same prices.... 105 to 125/night.

Your thoughts please!

Embarcadero - you said yourself that you're looking to go "all out", so i wouldn't let $23 deter me if i thought this was the best hotel offered

Nob Hill - it's not the Four Season

USW - can't be certain which this one will be, and you don't seem thrilled with either... see Embarcadero comments above

Athough your stay may be a few months away, i would not sit on this too long. As you point out there are a lot of hotels in this zone around the same price... if you see one that you like right now, it may not be offered in a few weeks when you decide to make your purchase.

If you go with Hotwire, please use THIS LINK to begin your purchase.

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding... good luck with the remaining plans and the honeymoon.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

oops, think I messed up on the 4.5* in the embarcadero.... if it has a balcony then it is the Park Hyatt, right? (not the Omni). oye.

and the 4.5* in USW is now $171... double oye.

What to do? Has anyone stayed at the Park Hyatt? The only bad thing I've read is that is has "thin walls". It is also the #5 favorite in all of SF on Tripadvisor.

Should see what Priceline has to offer?

Park Hyatt is a terrific hotel.....have stayed there many times myself. Excellent rooms, staff, ambiance, concierge, etc. And "yes" if the 4.5 Embarcadero customer comments you see mention balconies, it's the Park Hyatt. Omni doesn't have balconies. IMHO you can't go wrong with the Park Hyatt.

The 4.5 on Nob Hill is probably the Mark Hopkins Intercontinental. I'd definitely choose Embarcadero (PH or Omni) over 4.5 Nob Hill. Being an older hotel, the Mark Hopkins has a lot of tiny rooms.....and Hotwire customers can only expect to be placed in them.

As info, the Four Seasons isn't on Nob Hill. It's on Market St downtown.

If this is the Park Hyatt i'm seeing rates on the Hyatt website at $350+/nite... so the Hotwire rates seems very good on a relative basis!

If you do go with Hotwire please use THIS LINK to begin your purchase and let us know how it goes.

EDIT: Congratulations on your win... i was replying as you were typing

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]