Priceline Hotel: 3.5* Philadelphia (City Center West) Wyndham

kevgeek
By kevgeek,
in

I've decided to come to Philly on Saturday to see the Sixers vs Kings. I will be staying just the one night, Sat 2/26.

Would like to stay in Downtown Philly at a 4* hotel.

Any suggestions/strategies for last minute bidding on Priceline would be greatly appreciated!

Also, if anyone knows should I drive to the game or take public transportation?

Thank you,

Kevgeek

I can't advise a bidding strategy for Philly, I will leave the heavy lifting to thereuare : :) The location of your hotel win will most likely determine how you will get to the game.

However, taking public transportation is not a bad idea, the Broad Street Subway ends at Broad and Pattison Aves., a short walk to the Wachovia Center and the Sixers. The fare is $2.00 each way, here is a link to SEPTA:Sports Express. That being said, there is lots of parking available, and taking a car lets you drive over to Tony Lukes after the game and get a Roast Pork sandwich or to Geno's and get a cheesesteak. Go for the Pork with the bitter greens (broccoli rabe sauteed in olive oil and garlic) and sharp provalone and hit Genos on your way out of town on Sunday.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

You have seven re-bid zones when bidding 4* in the Philadelphia zone. If you're not sure about re-bidding please read PRICELINE RE-BIDDING EXPLAINED and ask any questions you may have and/or confirm your re-bid zone with the board.

Select 4* Downtown....

Bid $43, if rejected add re-bid zone and...

Bid $45, if rejected add re-bid zone and...

Bid $48, if rejected add re-bid zone and...

Bid $50, if rejected add re-bid zone and...

Bid $53, if rejected add re-bid zone and...

Bid $55, if rejected add re-bid zone and...

Bid $58.

I have not used one re-bid zone given the closeness of your stay... just in case the above doesn't work it still gives us some options.

Good Luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

What is the most you would want to pay for a 4* before you 1) lower your quality level, 2) consider other zones, 3) look at alternative booking services?

Both the Wyndham and the Sheraton (3* hotels) seem to be available thru HOTWIRE at prices just a bit more than you already have bid... if either of those are acceptable to you than maybe you'd prefer those rather than bid higher?

Don't bid it again yet as you do have more than one bid remaining :)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Select 4* Downtown and the one re-bid zone yo have not yet bid....

Bid $68, if rejected add re-bid zone and...

Bid $71, if rejected add re-bid zone and...

Bid $74, if rejected add re-bid zone and...

Bid $77, if rejected add re-bid zone and...

Bid $80, if rejected add re-bid zone and...

Bid $83, if rejected add re-bid zone and...

Bid $85.

As long as you start with Downtown and the re-bid zone you have not yet used, none of the above should be viewed as duplicate bids.

Good Luck and let us know how it goes.

PS- also see the comments i made above, i think you had already replied as i was editing my post with additional info

My first time using price line and so I probably goofed somewhere, but after choosing my last zone and bidding $68, I was denied and the zones then disappeared from the screen that allowed me to change my bid. I also wasn't ever able to unselect a zone after I had selected it and used it in a bid. If I did something wrong, let me know and I'll try to be wiser next time around. ;-)

But I went back and read what you added in a previous post. I booked the Wyndham on Hotwire for $65:

1 room(s) @ $65.00 per night x 1 night(s) $65.00

Hotel Taxes and fees: $14.95

Hotel Subtotal $79.95

Total Price $79.95

I'm totally thrilled with the price! Thanks so much for all of your help. I've rarely found such an incredibly useful site on the web!

Thanks again,

Kevgeek

If you closed the browser and re-accessed priceline you could have started at a brand new screen, thus eliminating the need to UNchedk any boxes. You still would have needed to place your bids as described above as they do know whether or not you've made that same bid within the last 72 hours or not.

Congratulations on a good deal at the Wyndham... i assume this was in the City Center West zonea and the amenties were: Restaurant, Pool, Fitness, High-Speed Internet, Business, Tennis? You can check the amenities by going back to HOTWIRE and clicking the MY ACCOUNT link on the top right corner of their homepage.

Enjoy your stay... and please help spread the word of BetterBidding! :)

Gotcha, you're correct, I didn't close and open the browser. I'll remember that for next time.

Yes, those were the Amenities listed and it was still listed as a Customer Favorite (or something like that) and was 3 1/2 stars in the City Center West section.

I've already started spreading the word on BetterBidding, and I'll definitely be back again!

kevgeek

Kev, you can catch the Broad Street Subway at the Vine/Race station, it is 3 blocks east of your hotel. Take the subway south to Pattison Ave and this will take you to the Wachovia Center and AI....$2.00 each way or if you can buy tokens, it is a mere $1.30 each way. Septa only offeres a weekly "Trans Pass" for $18.75, no daily pass. Broad Street Line :) This hotel has a nice lobby bar set in an atrium. One of my gripes about this property is that they had a bar on the top floor of the hotel with terriffic views of the city, but it closed and the space was turned into a banquet room, I believe.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]