Priceline Hotel: 3* San Diego (Mission Valley) Courtyard Mission Valley

ABHIK
By ABHIK,
in

Hello,

I need advice on which area I should bid on PRICELINE for hotels near to San Diego airport and Sea World/San Diego Zoo. I looked at CA-PRICELINE list. There are 18 areas when I search San Diego.

I will be travelling from Disneyland on July 6-7th. I will be stopping first at legoland and then head to hotel near Sea world or San Diego Zoo. I have two kids (3 & 6) so hotel near to these location would be great so that they can rest.

Also need recommendations for minimum bid for 3.5/4* near Sea world/Airport/San Diego Zoo.

Appreciate your help!!

Thanks

SeaWorld is about 30-35 miles from Legoland.

Did you want to spend one night at a hotel near Legoland and another night near SeaWorld? That's what I'd recommend if you're willing to switch hotels.

Alternately you could drive from Disney to Legoland without getting a hotel, do Legoland as a day trip, then drive on to SeaWorld area and get a hotel there for two nights.

Also Priceline only guarantees double occupancy which could be a room with one bed. Hotels near Legoland and SeaWorld tend to have a lot of two-bed rooms, but two beds aren't guaranteed on Priceline.

If you don't want to risk getting one bed, Hotwire would be the better choice because you can enter "1 adult/2 children" and be assured bedding for that number.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links for your purchases.

Can someone pls. confirm which San Diego Zone doesn't have 3.5*

I got this of priceline and cross check priceline list. However some has resorts in it.

El Cajon - Santee - 3.0 up

Escondido - Vista - 2.5 - Resort

Kearny Mesa - Mission Valley North - 3.0 up

La Mesa - 3.0 up

Miramar - 3.0 up

National City - 2.5 moderate

Point Loma - 3.0 up- resort

San Ysidro - 2.5 up

Sorrento Mesa - 3.0 up

Also in order tor re-bid, do I need to register first then log-out and close the browser. Then open new browser and signed in to my profile again to uncheck the zone. Pls. advice.

From my yesterday bid, I have other 2 zone in my profile. Today I went back and try to uncheck those and it doesn't let me.

or I should do this without making my profile on priceline.

Thanks for your help!!

ABHIK,

A moderator will merge this with your other San Diego thread. Then please keep all posts for this stay in one thread.

You've got your NINE rebid zones for 3.5* correct.

I got this of priceline and cross check priceline list. However some has resorts in it.
3.5* bids can be upgraded to Resort but Priceline doesn't offer Resort bidding in any San Diego zones. There are a few hotels with the word "Resort" in their name but that doesn't make them Resort level hotels. For bidding purposes they're still 3.5* or 4* hotels on Priceline.

To help you we need more info:

Which zone(s) are you trying to win?

What are your travel dates?

What's your bidding limit for this and how high have you bid already?

From my yesterday bid, I have other 2 zone in my profile. Today I went back and try to uncheck those and it doesn't let me.
It's hard to reconstruct what might be going on but if you'll post the the info requested someone can advise you on how to proceed from here.

Thanks, I will keep posts in same thread from now own.

I'm trying to win 3.5* hotel in any of these zones San Diego (Mission Valley), San Diego (Coastal), San Diego (Del Mar - Rancho Santa Fe) & San Diego (North County Coastal). I've gone upto $68 but no luck. My travel dates are 07/07-07/10 (3 nights).

So I checked these hotels from PRICELINE and cross checked against priceline list posted in this forum. None of these have 3.5* hotels in it but some names have resorts in it. So if I used these hotels for my free re-bid zone, will I get resort in any one of these just because I read somewhere resort=4*.

La Mesa - 3.0 up

Miramar - 3.0 up

San Ysidro - 2.5 up

Sorrento Mesa - 3.0 up

My another qns. is I was looking at this thread Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and it mentioned you can close the browser and deselected the zone you just added to increase the retry. I tried that and my old zone is still there.

Here is how I did it. I logged into my profile. added zone B just for rebid which doesn't have 3.5*. Then logout from my profile, Close the browser. Open new browser, signed in my profile, and clicked on the same trip which was rejected. Zone B box is greyed out.

How can I deselect zone B and add Zone C so that I can rebid for Zone A which is mission valley?

Do I need to create a new trip?

Thanks again for your help!!

Try it this way (easiest way to explain)...

Enter San Diego and your dates into the search box on the top right corner of the board.

Bid ZoneA (mission valley in your example above), if rejected..

Add ZoneB (whichever re-bid zones you choose)

If the above is rejected, close that browser, return here and click the GO button o the search box again (your city and dates will still be there so should load up San Diego again)...

Bid ZoneA (mission valley) and ZoneC (a different re-bid zone then you used previously)

Does the above make sense?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks, yup got it!!

Can you pls. answer this for me?

I checked these hotels from PRICELINE and cross checked against priceline list posted in this forum. None of these have 3.5* hotels in it but some names have resorts in it. So if I used these hotels for my free re-bid zone, will I get resort in any one of these just because I read somewhere resort=4*. I want to get 3.5* in Mission Valley.

La Mesa - 3.0 up

Miramar - 3.0 up

San Ysidro - 2.5 up

Sorrento Mesa - 3.0 up

If the zones above don't have Resort class (or higher) properties then you won't win a Resort when including those zones.

Have "resort" in the hotel name is meaningless in terms of what PRICELINE will rate the property... there are some 2* hotels which have 'resort' in their hotel name.

Resort and 4* are different PRICELINE classifications.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

To summarize your bidding, you've been rejected to $68 for 3.5* in Mission Valley, Coastal, Del Mar, and North County Coastal.

Will you bid higher than $68 for a 3.5*? You can probably win a 3* for less than $68 in at least a couple of your target zones.

I have gone upto $85 for 3.5* in mission valley, coastal and Del-Mar zone. All bids were rejected for 07/07-07/10

I also tried upto $70 for 3* in Mission valley and one more zone. All rejected.

Any tips? I'm looking for decent hotel near sea world and zoo for 3 nights 07/07-07/10. I have two kids so place near beach and these theme parks would be great.

Thanks

Congratulations on your success!

Hope you're happy with the results and this property works well for your plans.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board and helping us add this property to the Priceline Hotel List.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]