Hotwire Hotel: 2.5* Asheville (Central) Guesthouse International

whenpigsfly
By whenpigsfly,
in

Well I've been bidding for a couple of days or a last minute trip that is going to put us in Asheville for the weekend but not having any luck

2 nights Friday 5/28 check outr Sunday 5/30

we'd prefer downtown zone but our back up is the country inn and suites in the east zone booked retail at $120/night

I've bid up to $155/night 4* (best rate at the bohemian is $289)

3.5 star up to $120 (rennisance had availability yesterday but now shows sold out the Crowne Plaza shows sold out)

3* bid up to $115

now yesterday when bidding 3* 90 was given a raise 20 onetime offer innored and rebid because I had rebids up to $110 and didnt get it (really strange)

So I've exhausted todays bids unless I go down to 2.5 star but havent seen any reported downtown ashville

Didn't think bidding Asheville would be so hard.

Thanks for any help and have been bidding using the PRICELINE link at the top of the page.

Is SPLITTING YOUR PRICELINE BID an option?

As an experiment (although note this may re-set your 24 hours clock, so you may not want to try given the proximity to your stay) what if you go to PRICELINE and click the MY ACCOUNT >> MY TRIPS link near the top right of their home page. If you navigate to the rejected where you were offered the counter-offer, click that failed bids link and see if the counter-offer is still there... if so, try submitting that bid (or even go $1 more if you're willing)

Thanks for using the PRICELINE links on the board to begin your bidding.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

If I had accepted the offer it would have been at $110. I've already rebid 3* yesterday up to $115. I did try and get back to the bid but dsen't show the one time offer anymore. (but its wednesday and that was Monday)

HOTWIRE is even really drying up with fewer and fewer options and the highers quality option is 2.5 * on hotwire

still considering bidding 2.5* or just taking my lumps and realizing I cant get a great deal with a last minute booking in asheville on memorial day weekend.

I believe it's the Saturday nite that is causing the difficulty...

HOTWIRE has a 3* hotel for $89/nite for Friday nite... it's the Saturday nite that rates jump substantially and/or availability dries up.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know what you ultimately decide to do for this stay or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

well we broke down and did HOTWIRE 2.5 for $68 which matched up to the Guest house inn. Not sure what we are going to do for tommorow. We bid $145 3* with no luck and now the crowne plaza has no avail (it was showing $179)

used the link but the wife was on the comp and had opened up a direct link to HOTWIRE. we went back out before bookking and back in using your link. hope we didnt screw up your getting credit

whenpigsfly

Thank you for sharing your result with the board and using our HOTWIRE link to book this :)

Can you please add a reply to this thread with the amenities shown before your purchase... you can still view this information by going to HOTWIRE and clicking the MY ACCOUNT link near the top right of their home page.

We hope you're happy with the outcome and this hotel works well for your plans.

Please start a new topic if you need any help with your Saturday stay.

Enjoy your stay.

Yellowdog.

• 2 weeks later...

amenities were complimentary breakfast, pool, fitness and highspeed internet.

nice property, comfortable beds. decent location just south of biltmore but not downtown (i wish theyd split the zone and have downtown properties in one zone).

Decent deal for last minute and a holiday weekend. Saturday we used our conventional reservation

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]