SFO San Francisco Midsize National

sandb
By sandb,
in

Fox is the only cheap on-site rental at about $35/day in a weekly rate. The other majors are more like $50+/day all in. I could cab it to an Enterprise 2 miles away and also get it for less than $30 / day, but i don't care too much for Enterprise from experience. also, HOTWIRE shows $25/day but all in looks like about $35/day. There's also plenty of time between now and then, is it best to bid sooner or wait until the last minute for a bargain on cars?

The current HOTWIRE rate ($25/day... $35/day all-in) is about half of the going rate thru conventional booking channels, which i think it pretty good.

I would do a few quick rounds of PRICELINE bidding ($15, $17, $20, $23) trying every 24 hours and then taking the $25 HOTWIRE rate if not successful. Nobody can say if rates will go up or down in th coming weeks between now and your rental, but anytime in can get half off of current rates at the time of booking i consider that to be a good deal and something i think it worthwhile locking in.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Good luck, and let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Three tries... $18, $20 and today $21 was a winner w/ National. HOTWIRE total is $251 so there's a small savings there too. Thanks for your help.

Your Offer Price: $21.00 (per day)

Total Rental Days: 7 days

Subtotal: $147.00

Taxes and Fees: $70.58

Total Charges: $217.58

Lowest Published Price: $672.61

Total Savings:* $455.03 (You saved 68%)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]