New option for Hotwire Express members...

slruud
By slruud,
in

Just throwing some dates out for a possible trip to Boston in late August. Selected 4* and Hotwire's response was to offer a free star upgrade to next highest level, in this case to 4.5*. First time I've seen it, but could be nice depending where we are looking to go. Will check to see if it works with other cities.

I've gotten two of these Hotwire Express "free upgrade" offers recently too.

They worked like this:

In my target zone Hotwire had a 3* for $70 and a 4* for $95. When I selected the 3* hotel I got a popup that said as a Hotwire Express member I had the option of purchasing the 4* hotel at the 3* price....i.e. $95 instead of $70.

My impression is these offers aren't common...I've gotten two in dozens of searches. But if you're a Hotwire Express customer and contemplating the purchase of a 4* hotel it could be worthwhile opening up the 3.5* and 3* options in the same zone too, even if you're not interested, and see if you get an offer to purchase the 4* at the lower rated hotel's (usually) lower price.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Its not invitation only.

Our Express members are individuals who express their loyalty to the brand, and are frequent users of the company.

As being so, their business is highly valued and because we appreciate such dedication... there are definitely perks to it :).

----

In other words, there is no invitation. You might not even know your express. The system automatically recognizes users who love our product.

• 4 months later...

Most Express members don't even know they're Express until they call Hotwire about something and get told and transfered to another department. And yes, it's not by invitation, it's reserved for high frequency bookers. No one seems to notice the email received once they get Express status though. I'm a PRICELINE EXPRESS member with Hotwire. :)

Adversity is like a flame, it melts the weak and tempers the strong.
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

FWIW:

I'm a Hotwire Express member (and have been for a long time.)

I just booked my third Hotwire room in less than a month, only to discover a few days later that the hotel I booked is now $10/night cheaper.

I inquired about this, me being a valued customer and all, but Hotwire won't budge. It just seems odd that a pricing guarantee would apply to Hotwire competitors’ prices, but not Hotwire’s own. (And especially odd given my purchase history.)

Bottom line: Other Hotwire customers, particularly new ones or infrequent ones, could book the same hotel for the same dates and pay a lower price than I did as a Hotwire Express member.

Caveat emptor, I guess.

• 1 month later...
FWIW: I'm a Hotwire Express member (and have been for a long time.) I just booked my third Hotwire room in less than a month

care to share some of your HOTWIRE purchases with the rest of the community? When you post a win (PRICELINE) or a buy (HOTWIRE) it gets listed in the Calendar of Wins and could help others seeking similar accomodations.

It takes but a minute, thanks in advance!

• 3 weeks later...

Hotwire has a Low Price Guaratee. If you find a lower rate within 48 hours of your booking, they'll refund you the difference. However, they have to be able to verify it's the same hotel. That being the case, if you found the rate on the HW site for one of the opaque models....they can't verify it as the same hotel. Contrary to popular belief, there can be multiple hotels in the same star rating category with the same info displayed o

n the site; I've seen in numerous times when trying to rebook another night for the same property and getting something different, even though I matched amenities, etc.

Adversity is like a flame, it melts the weak and tempers the strong.
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]