Priceline Hotel: 3.5* Trenton-Princeton (Princeton West) Hyatt Regency

BHL
By BHL,
in

I haven't had any luck on here getting help when asking about areas to stay in, but since the admin is from NJ, I thought maybe I'd try again. We're going to Six Flags in Jackson, and need to stay around there June 5th and 6th. What is a good safe area to stay in? I'm hoping to use PRICELINE, but the only two zones nearby (Lakewood and Toms River) only have 2 stars and I really want at least a 3 star. And neither zone is listed in the hotel list here so definately won't chance it.

The Tinton Falls area has some zones with 3 stars, and the Neptune-Wall zone would close enough to Jackson, though the other 3 zones are getting too far away. Though if it's cheap enough, and my only choice, I'll drive it.

In the Trenton - Princeton area, the only close zone (Cookstown - Wrightstown) only has 2 stars. Which of the other zones there would you recommend, or not recommend? Those zones are all about the same distance from Jackson. Could the rates in June be as low as this priceline win?

Thank you

Being from Jackson, I would say you'd want to try to bid the Neptune-Wall Zone in the Tinton Falls Area. In the area that is shown by the map the only hotels are

2* Days Inn (frankly it looks like a 1* to me) in Neptune

2.5* Courtyard By Marriott in Wall (2-3 years old and looks nice)

3* Residence Inn in Neptune (was built right before the Courtyard looks nice is right across the street from Walmart, Ruby Tuesdays, Arbys, McDonalds and Home Depot)

All of those hotels are less than 5 minutes from the Garden State Parkway and I-195. I'd estimate your looking at 25-30 minutes from any of those hotels to Great Adventure.

Other zones I would try would be

1. Cranbury-South Brunswick Zone the Zone is close to the Turnpike and I'd say again like 30 minutes to Great Adventure but I don't know the hotels around there

2. Princeton East (I would say 35-40 minutes away)

3. Princeton West (same as Princeton East)

As far as price, I would say If you were lucky you would get $70-100 because its after Memorial Day on a weekend. I would say that one of the Princeton Zones would probably be cheapest because they are further from Great Adventure and away from the Jersey Shore. In addition it appears the Courtyard and the Residence in Neptune/Wall Zone are sold out. Marriott.com says "Unavailable"

Most ways you slice it you're looking at 30-40 minutes to the park.

The Cranbury zone is somewhat the further away, but leaves you closest to the NJ Turnpike for the most direct/highway route to the park. The Princeton-Monmouth Junction zone is the best in the region, has the nicest hotels and places to go (ie- restaurants, shopping, etc) in the immediate area... and while closer geographically, is west of the Turnpike to so not as fast moving at the NJ Turnpike, taking just as long.

Are you going to the park both days?

Please use the requested PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your bidding, searches, and purchases.

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I need something close to Jackson. As I mentioned here, the two closest areas to Jackson (Toms River and Lakewood) only have up to 2 star. And the next closest area, Neptune-Wall, shows no occupancy.

So I guess I'll have to try for the Trenton - Princeton, NJ area. The zones there as listed in BetterBidding's hotel list for this area are different from those listed on priceline. Did they split Princeton East and West since the hotel list was made? The following zones are as they're listed on priceline, with current internet prices.

Langhorne - Levittowne

3.5* Sheraton Bucks County = $139. Free parking.

3* Courtyard Langhorne (Langhorne - Levittown) = $161. Free parking. Website states it as "Courtyard Philadelphia Langhorne"

Princeton East - Monmouth Junction

or?

Princeton West

I'm not sure which priceline zone these would fall under.

3.5* Marriott Trenton (Trenton - Princeton West) = $99. Parking $13/day. "Trenton Marriott Downtown"

3.5* Westin (Princeton East - Monmouth Junction) = $139.20. Valet parking only? "The Westin Princeton at Forrestal Village"

3.5* Hyatt Regency (Trenton - Princeton West) = $87.20. Free parking. "Hyatt Regency Princeton"

3.5* Marriott Forrestal Village (Princeton East - Monmouth Junction) = $119. Free parking. "Princeton Marriott Hotel & Conference Center at Forrestal"

3.5* Chauncey Conference Center (Trenton - Princeton West) = $149. Free parking, newly-renovated rooms. "Chauncey Conference Center Princeton". Just happened to look this one up on Hotels.com = $144.

3.5* Wyndham Forrestal Village (Princeton East - Monmouth Junction) = $89.10. Free parking. "Wyndham Princeton Forrestal"

3* Courtyard (Princeton East - Monmouth Junction) = $79. Free parking. "Courtyard Princeton"

3* Doubletree Hotel (Princeton East = Monmouth Junction) = $66.75. Free parking. "Doubletree Hotel Princeton"

3* Hyatt Place (Trenton - Princeton West) = $119. Free parking. "Hyatt Place Princeton"

South Brunswick - Cranbury

3* Crowne Plaza = $80. Free parking. "Crowne Plaza Hotel - MONROE SOUTH BRUNSWICK"

3* Residence Inn = $129. Free parking. "Residence Inn Princeton-South Brunswick"

Trenton

?

free rebid zones:

Cookstown - Wrightstown

Mount Holly

No, we're only going to Six Flags on Sunday. Monday we'll be going to a few pier amusement parks along the coast, ending up at Morey's Piers in Wildwood. So that night we want to stay as close to Wildwood as we can, though Atlantic City would be OK too (distance wise). We couldn't make it to the Cape May ferry in time before their last departure, so can't stay in Delaware.

Where is a safe place to stay in or around Wildwood? Is Atlantic City safe enough or should I avoid it?

Yes, the zone boundaries in this area have changed more than a few times over the last year, which zone(s), by PRICELINE name, did you want to bid? What is your desired star rating and maximum bid?

It would be appreciated if you used the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board not only for your purchases, but also while searching this stay.

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I'd say try the Ocean City Somers Point, the 3* Residence Inn is showing $149 for that Sunday night (6/6). If you try for Cape May or Wildwood you'll probably pay too much. Its about 45 minutes away down the parkway and I think you could get it on PRICELINE for between $60-80 because its a Sunday night. It looks like the Residence is the only 3* in the zone but I'm not 100%.

As far as the race convention, if thats the case you probably don't want to be staying in the area anyway.

Jerseyguy and thereuare: Thanks a lot for the help.

Sorry for the delay. For one, I was a little confused since my other post was moved and concatenated to the front of this one without any notification so it took me a bit to figure out what all happened. Mainly it's taken me awhile to reply because I've been changing my plans a bit. FYI, that's why I had a separate post asking questions in the "Priceline/Hotwire Hotel Lists and Tips for New Jersey" subforum (else what's that subforum for?), vs. one here in bidding help/winning bids. I do still want to bid for the Princeton area for 6/5 and 6/6 however.

thereuare, as far as which zones I want to bid for, I'm confused because, again, I'm not sure because I know nothing of the areas (the reason for my other post) and as mentioned, the zones have changed, so I don't know which hotels are in which zones. You said "the Princeton-Monmouth Junction zone is the best", so is that the "Princeton East - Monmouth Junction" and would that mean you don't recommend the Princeton West area? Or did you mean the whole general area is OK? BTW, why not change those hotel list categories here to match priceline?

My desired star rating is a 3* (already stated). Sorry I forgot to post a max bid. I thought about it right after posting the OP but couldn't get to a PC then to post it. It's always hard to come up with a max bid, but I'll say $45 (for now).

But as far as what I was going to add in the other post for area help, 6/7 I won't be staying near the NJ coast (or NJ at all). I'll ask about that in a more appropriate area.

FYI. Couldn't wait any longer, so went ahead and bid. $40 accepted, free upgrade to 3.5*, Hyatt Regency Princeton (Princeton West).

Tried $38 (got "try again for $10 more" msg.), and $39.

Taxes & Fees: $19.76

Total Charges*: $99.76

Congratulations on your success!

This is one of my favorite hotels in the area... the rooms vary in quality but the staff has always been super friendly. Not sure if you'll have a need during your stay, but they do supply an area shuttle within a 5 mile radius, which includes the Princeton Campus and the train station.

Thank you for sharing your PRICELINE win with the board.

Enjoy your stay.

^ Thanks. Reviews for that hotel are mixed, but you aren't the first person to tell me you liked it.

FYI, the dates you put in the title are incorrect. As stated above (in the OP and my post the 25th), it's 6/5/10 and 6/6/10 (checking out the 7th).

^ Thanks. Reviews for that hotel are mixed, but you aren't the first person to tell me you liked it.

FYI, the dates you put in the title are incorrect. As stated above (in the OP and my post the 25th), it's 6/5/10 and 6/6/10 (checking out the 7th).

Yeah I have stayed there as well and thought it was a nice hotel, location was good. Have fun at Six Flags.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]