Priceline Hotel: 3* Los Angeles (Hollywood) Hollywood Heights

coast2coast21
By coast2coast21,
in

I'm looking to book a room for 4 nights... May 16th, 17th, 18th, and 19th.

It seems like the Westin Bonaventure is the hotel that is most often won in this area for 4*. Am I correct?

And if not the Westin, then it's the Omni.

Does anybody know what parking is like at each of these hotels...?

I honestly don't mind any of the 3.5* or 4* hotels in this area. I'm going to two basketball games at Staples, and all 6-7 hotels are walking distance (0.5-1.25 miles).

I guess I'll start bidding at 3.5 because the 3* Kyoto is about 2 miles away. Actually, the 3* Wilshire Grand is also VERY close to my destination. If I get a 3*, does the Kyoto come up more often, or the Wilshire Grand?

So I need a hotel for Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday nights.

Should I split my bidding? How low should I start for a 3.5*? $50? Lower?

Hi, coast2coast21.

3.5* in Downtown zone is usually a good deal---maybe $55-65 ish, unlesss something big is going on.

I haven't checked rates for your dates, so this will be a generic strategy for 3.5* in Downtown LA on an average night. You'll probably get Marriott or Biltmore, if anything. Both hotels have expensive valet parking and much cheaper self parking, like $15-20, across the street.

If you bid 3* noone can predict which 3* you'll get. If you don't like Kyoto location then don't bid 3*.

For 3.5* I suggest $55. Add your two rebid zones (Lawndale and Culver City) at $60 and $65.

If that doesn't work we can look at day by day rates and see where the problem is.

Please start your bid with this PRICELINE link, or ask if you have other questions.

I don't remember those overnight rates having in and out privileges but it's been awhile.

For the most current info probably best to contact the garage direct, or look on their website if you can find one. It was World Trade Center Garage (for Marriott) and Pershing Square Garage (for Biltmore).

Is one bed enough? That's probably what you'll get if you win Biltmore.

Usually (but not always) parking paid directly to the hotel allows for in/out privileges... parking with a private lot outside of the hotel does not have in/out privileges.

Please remember to use the requested PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases (and your searches too!)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I want two beds...hopefully they'd provide a rollaway bed as the worst case...?

I'm deciding to aim for Hollywood or West Hollywood for the first day.

I remember the days when getting the Hyatt West Hollywood was damn near a given for the 3*s. They changed to a 4*, now I'm likely to get stuck around Westwood instead of Sunset...

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]