Priceline Hotel: Hotel in Santa Cruz?

sabina
By sabina,
in

I'm trying to find a hotel, any star rating, in Santa Cruz, as close to the beach as possible..I haven't seen any posted here. The only area on priceline, goes quiet more inland than I want...so I feel a bit uneasy bidding.

Flexible dates, beginning with Memorial day weekend to end of July, up to $150 per night all included but cheaper would be better :-).

OR any good chance of getting a hotel near the beach in Monterey? We have 2 lil kids and would really want to be walking distance ( a few blocks is ok but not a mile!) from the water

Thank you for your help!

If you want to be sure of your location i wouldn't bid in the Santa Cruz zone. Like you say, it's wide and there's no guarantee that you will be close to the beach.

And you know that PRICELINE only guarantee a room for two adults. That could mean 1 bed. It's nothing that says that the hotel would honor a request for two beds like in your Chicago thread.

I would go with HOTWIRE for the Monterey zone and look for the Near Beach/Oceanfront icons.

Let us know how we can help you further.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Yellowdog.

I'm trying to find a hotel, any star rating, in Santa Cruz, as close to the beach as possible..I haven't seen any posted here.

sabina,

Do you see the white "Quick Search" box near the top of this screen? Type "Santa Cruz" there you'll get a virtual Santa Cruz board---all Santa Cruz posts going back to the board's beginning, and nothing else.

Flexible dates, beginning with Memorial day weekend to end of July, up to $150 per night all included but cheaper would be better :-).
Sun-Thurs will probably be cheaper than weekends. Search "2 adults/2 child" or "3 adults/0 child" to guarantee two beds (or possibly one bed plus hideaway).

Santa Cruz has its share of crappy motels and some are near the beach. I wouldn't buy an unkonwn 2.5* or 2* in SC unless it has a good TripAdvisor rating or high percent of positive reviews. For $150 with flexible dates you should be able to book something conventionally, something known with decent reviews--if you'd rather do that than "spin the wheel".

If you find something interesting on HOTWIRE though post the icons and someone will try to ID.

Good luck!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]