Priceline Hotel: 3* Saddle Brook-Teaneck (Saddle Brook-Hasbrouck Hghts) Holiday Inn SB

deejub
By deejub,
in

After multiple tries at Paramus-Hackensack and Teaneck-Fort Lee areas didn't succeed (though I got an offer to try again in Paramus without a change if I upped by bid $10), adding this area got me the Saddle Brook Holiday Inn. For a one-night stay (sleep only), I can tolerate a lot for a low price, which this certainly is -- but I am very worried about multiple reviews about lack of hot water as I have to be at an early meeting the next morning and will need a good shave and shower.

Any suggestions re addressing such an issue when one is a Priceline guest, should such occur, particularly if the lack of hot water is evident upon arrival (that is, long before morning hot water rush hour)?

(Of course, used link from here for PRICELINE, as always!)

P.S. The title was truncated as too long -- I assume the Powers That Be can fix that. :)

Congratulations on your success!

Nice deal for an overnight stay! If there looks to be issues with hot water, I'd contact the desk and tell them your situation - that you have to be at a meeting - and see what they say in terms of any alternatives or when it will be fixed.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board and using the site's PRICELINE link.

Enjoy your stay.

Thank you for sharing your results with the board.

There are two Holiday Inn properties in this zone, can you please add a reply to this thread confirming which one you received (you may have included it originally but it may have been truncated as per your comment above)

THANKS!

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

HI-Saddle Brook, 129 Pehle Avenue, Saddle Brook, NJ. In a little triangle of land (with a Marriott very nearby) where I-80 meets the Garden State Parkway.

Quick review (which I would post as such if I knew how): Older property (I'm guessing early 70s construction). At least two groups were checking in when I was arriving (one a large group of teenagers, the other also had many youngsters) but I was checked in promptly. Both another arriving Priceline guest and I were given smoking rooms on 5th floor (I would guess as a result of the groups taking the NS rooms, but who knows). The room did not reek on entry, unusually so for a smoking room -- major kudos to housekeeping. The room was to some degree freshened from its age (new shower tile and enclosure), but the TV was old and small and the bathroom small (including tightly-placed toilet). Hangup clothes went into a smallish armoire also shared with iron and ironing board. The hot water and pressure were fine, and the room was very clean. King bed was quite comfortable -- and the bedding was most likely recently replaced. Staff was friendly and universally fluent in English.

By no means luxurious, and probably not quite 3* level -- but fair Priceline value for the $43 price paid.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]