Hotwire Hotel: Virginia Beach seaside in June

susaninohio
By susaninohio,
in

Hi. I'm hoping you can help me identify several properties, all in the Virginia Beach seaside area. This is for a stay from June 13-16.

First one: 3.5 stars; 80 percent approval. Beachfront, smoke free, fitness center, pool, restaurant, internet access and golf nearby. $109/nt. (I think this is the Sheraton.)

Second one: 3 stars; 80 percent approval. Beachfront, fitness center, pool, restaurant, laundry, internet. $153/nt.

Third one: 2.5 stars; 90 percent approval. Breakfast, fitness center, pool, business center, internet. $103/nt.

And fourth: 2 stars. Breakfast, pool, tennis, kitchenette. $95/nt.

thank you!

Please follow-up your previous Hotwire Chicago thread with whatever you ended up doing for that stay... then bump this thread and we'll have a look at the above.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Yellowdog.

PS. Allways follow-up your threads with whatever you end up doing, even if you chose to book direct, cancell your trip, etc.

"bumping" a thread is adding a reply to it as it puts the thread back in queue to be reviewed.

I don't see all of the hotels above appearing on my own search for your dates... are you searching for more than one room or for more than the default 2adults/0children?

The 3.5* is a match for the Sheraton Oceanfront, and the reviews look to be very good... whereas the other hotels you've listed don't seem to offer any value relative to this one (ie- the 3* hotel is lower rated and nearly 50% more expensive... and the other hotels too, just a small amount lower in price and a BIG drop in star rating)... is there something in particular you're looking for from this stay that would make the 2* above appealing?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I agree that the Sheraton looks good... and it's in the northern section of the resort area, which is where I'd prefer to be (I say this never having been to Virginia Beach). I guess I just like to know all my options... but will very likely go with the Sheraton. I'll let you know what I decide.

Thanks for your help.

• 3 weeks later...

Well, I blew it and waited too long (that nonrefundable aspect always frightens me). So this hotel (the Sheraton) is now $309 on HOTWIRE! But my travel dates approach, and I'm ready to book. I found this today:

3 stars

beachfront

fitness center

pool

restaurant

laundry

internet

80 percent approval. For $119. Does this sound like the Holiday Inn Sunspree? Seems like a good deal to me... (dates: June 13-16). Thanks for your help.

p.s. I don't really want the Wyndham -- seems too far north, away from the boardwalk. Thanks very much.

Which zone is the hotel above in, as i'm not seeing any 3* hotel with these amenities offered when searching HOTWIRE for your dates. If you're still seeing this on your own HOTWIRE search, are you searching for more than one room or for more than the default 2adults/0children?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Which zone is the hotel above in, as i'm not seeing any 3* hotel with these amenities offered when searching HOTWIRE for your dates. If you're still seeing this on your own HOTWIRE search, are you searching for more than one room or for more than the default 2adults/0children?

Area is Virginia Beach Seaside and I did request a room for two adults and two children. I'm still getting that three star room for $119. Thanks!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]