Priceline Hotel: Visiting Hershey, PA - Need advise

tfreak
By tfreak,
in

Hello:

I am planning to visit Hershey, PA (Hershey Park, Chocolate factory, zoo etc..) and looking for a decent place to stay with family (possibly this weekend - 5/14-5/16). Is Harrisburg (East) a good option? Don't want to stay too far from the attractions. However if traffic is not an issue (i.e. driving from the place of stay to the attractions) then don't mind staying within a 20-30 minute driving distance. Willing to pay $50-75 for the stay (3-3.5 stars). What would be a good priceline strategy?

Thanks a ton in advance

--Chand

I have stayed in that area for State High Playoff games. The hotels in that zone are by a couple of the exits off of I-81. I believe the one exchange is Grantville and there are a handful of hotels in that area. The Holiday Inn is the only one reported on Priceline for that zone. It is pretty easy access to Hershey - I would say about a 15 minute drive on a two lane country type road that takes you right across the street from the Hersheypark parking lots. There are no traffic issues at all. Hershey zone would be your closest zone. The Harrisburg zone is also a possibility, but there would be more traffic issues, but a relatively short drive. Harrisburg West would probably be about 1/2 hour drive, but it may depend on which part of the zone. Since there is not a lot of reported activity in the Harrisburg East zone, you may take a chance on getting an unreported hotel. I would think if you bid a 3* or 3-1/2* you should be OK in that area.

Let us know once your plans are firm and if PRICELINE (with the risk of a room with one bed... although this area should be somewhat family friendly and used to accommodating families visiting the park) or HOTWIRE (able to search for up to quad occupancy) is the route you prefer.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I have stayed in that area for State High Playoff games. The hotels in that zone are by a couple of the exits off of I-81. I believe the one exchange is Grantville and there are a handful of hotels in that area. The Holiday Inn is the only one reported on Priceline for that zone. It is pretty easy access to Hershey - I would say about a 15 minute drive on a two lane country type road that takes you right across the street from the Hersheypark parking lots. There are no traffic issues at all. Hershey zone would be your closest zone. The Harrisburg zone is also a possibility, but there would be more traffic issues, but a relatively short drive. Harrisburg West would probably be about 1/2 hour drive, but it may depend on which part of the zone. Since there is not a lot of reported activity in the Harrisburg East zone, you may take a chance on getting an unreported hotel. I would think if you bid a 3* or 3-1/2* you should be OK in that area.

Thank you very much for your response and your info on the area. It will definitely help when placing bid in priceline. Will update with what I find..

thanks again..

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]