Priceline Hotel: 3* Seattle (Bellevue) Coast Bellevue Hotel

Nightwind Hawk
By Nightwind Hawk,
in

Hi everyone,

I have found some amazing deals, such as Westin for $75 (downtown Seattle) on this board, but I was wondering whether my chances will be increased or decreased for staying for 2 weeks.... My travel dates are July 11 - July 24, so it doesn't help that it's in the summer too....

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Thank you!

Welcome to BetterBidding!

A long stay might make things more difficult, but not necessarily impossible, it all depend upon occupancy levels and how busy the hotels are for these particular dates (which i assume there may be a high occupancy date or two within this range given it's summer in Seattle as well as cruise ship season). If you're willing, sometimes changing hotels mid-stay, as discussed in this thread: SPLITTING YOUR PRICELINE BID, can help as well.

Please read your messages, and if you'd like to move forward, let us know your maximum bid for this stay and we'll suggest a strategy to follow.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks thereuare. Splitting is a good idea... I suppose with week 1 and week 2? Ofcourse, I'll try the full 2 weeks first and if I don't have any luck with that, I'll split it up.

My goal: under $100 a night near University of Washington (so the U of Washington area or downtown). It doesn't seem too hard to get, based on the luck that others have posted on this board...

I will update here on my results!

Update: While I did dream of staying at, say, the Westin or Grand Hyatt for cheap, I noticed Hotel Deca on your list which is right by U of Washington. This hotel looks beautiful and ... well, the only problem seems to be that July 16 the hotel is closed or something??? It does not allow you to book at all on that day... strange

I don't think the Hotel Deca is closed for that one nite, more likely they're sold-out (could be hosting a conference, sports team playing nearby, wedding, etc).

The highest star rating offered in the University area is 3.5*... the highest star level offered in the Downtown-Pike Place zone is 4*... what did you want to try for first? Is a 3.5* in the Pike Place zone acceptable?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I think the first thing I will try is Hotel Deca except for that one night... they said they are sold out but they will surely have cancellations.
If they are sold-out and do receive some cancellations, there is a good chance they will not offer rooms to PRICELINE or HOTWIRE for this nite. Given the high occupancy for that nite, they likely will only have a few rooms (from cancellations) available, and will likely hold onto this in an attempt to sell them on their own at full price then sell them at a deeply discounted rate thru the opaque suppliers.

Also, remember you're not bidding on this specific property, but rather any 3.5* hotel in this zone. What is your maximum bid for this area?

If I'm not lucky with that, I'll try to get something for $75ish in downtown! 4 star
Given the length of your stay, and this being the "season" for Seattle, this may not be as easy or as much of a 'sure thing' as you think.

On Deca's website they're sold out July 16. You're probably not going to get a PRICELINE bid accepted by Deca for any date sets that include July 16.

You said University is your preferred zone. Do you want to try winning those nights that are available at Deca now, even if you can't get all thirteen? i.e bid for either 7/11-7/16 and/or 7/17-7/24?

Or would you rather stay at one hotel all thirteen nights, even if that means bidding some other zone or quality level?

Congratulations on your success!

Hope you're pleased with the results and this property works well for your plans... rate certainly looks nice given the time of year and length of your stay.

Thank you for sharing your win win with the board.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]