Priceline Hotel: Yankees Roadtrip

jvberg
By jvberg,
in

Some friends and I are planning a roadtrip From Canada to New York to watch the Blue Jays (lose) to the Yankees.

Having never been to NY before, i'm looking for any tips on where to park/stay?

I've had suggestions from people to park in various cities outside the city and take the train in, but i'm not sure what city is best?..Someone suggested Nymack?

Also looking for any suggestions on what area to stay in to make it most convenient for getting to and from the ball park.

We'll be traveling over the long weekend July 2nd-4th.

Any suggestions would be great!

Thanks.

Some friends and I are planning a roadtrip From Canada to New York to watch the Blue Jays (lose) to the Yankees.

Oh, ye of little faith!! A lot can happen in two months!

There is a unique way to get to the Yankee Stadium, its called the Yankee Clipper. I have not used this, but its on my list of things to do. As to where to stay, others may chime in, but Nyack is a bit far from Manhattan. Much depends on what you'd like to do on the days you're not going to the game since the house that Ruth built is accessable by the train. What is your expected budget per night? How many in you're party? If you bid on PRICELINE, you may end up with a room with one double bed; how would that work for you and your friends?

Well, considering it's a long weekend, $200+tax a night seems reasonable, and there is 4 people in our party...1 double bed might be pushing it...haha...

Our stay in NY is short. Checking out the town on Friday night. We'll be heading to the game on Sat. afternoon, and back on the town on Sat night.

You can book a 2.5* or 2* hotel off PRICELINE. Something like Holiday Inn Express, and you'll get two beds in the room.

Find parking on the side streets like 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 9th, or 10th Avenues and leave your car there and ride the subway to the game. There's almost a subway stop everywhere in midtown. It's cheap and convenient.

It is possible to stay in the midtown, Chelsea, or MSG area. Maybe even midtown east, so all you have to do is jump on the 4 train.

Another idea is book something in Long Island City or Brooklyn. Plenty of parking in both areas, so you can drive to the stadium, but I don't recommend that cause parking is not cheap.

You can book a 2.5* or 2* hotel off PRICELINE. Something like Holiday Inn Express, and you'll get two beds in the room.
Certainly no assurance that you'll receive a room with two beds in NYC... especially at the lower rated hotels.

If you want to assure enough bedding for everyone in your group you'll need to use HOTWIRE and search for 4adults.

Doing so there is a 3.5* in the Chelsea zone for $185 but unfortunately it has not yet been identified or reported to the board. There is also a 3* in this zone for $199/nite which includes breakfast, and also shows Fitness, Business, Internet... best guess is the Holiday Inn Express Madison Square Garden. Any interest in either of these?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]