Hotwire Hotel: Maui help

jb1677
By jb1677,
in

I have read through "Pinned: Hotwire Hotel List - Hawaii "but NONE of the hotels I am coming up with match the list at all. Was hoping someone can point me in the right direction.

I am looking in all areas of Maui, dates May 2 - May 11. I have come up with teh following (all ammenities lists are the "complete" lists:

1) 4.5* - Ka'anapali (Customer Favorite!) - Resort, Beachfront, Restaurant(s), Pool(s), Fitness Center, Spa Services, Children's Activity Program, Golf Nearby, Tennis Nearby, Business Center (196/night) ------ Closest was Hyatt Regency but its missing "Laundry Faciliteis "

2) 4* - Wailea - Makena - Resort, Suite, Restaurant(s), Pool(s), Fitness Center, Spa Services, Kitchenette, Golf Nearby, Tennis Nearby. Business Center (182/night)

3) 4* - Ka'anapali - Beachfront, Studio, Fully-equipped Kitchen, Pool(s), Air-Conditioning, Fitness Center, Golf Nearby, Tennis Nearby, Laundry Facilities (self-service) (206/night)

4) 4* Ka'anapali - Resort, Beachfront, Restaurant(s), Pool(s), Fitness Center, Spa Services, Children's Activity Program, Golf Nearby, Tennis Nearby, Business Center, Laundry Facilities (self-service) (221/night)

I also tried to use "Vacation Package" on hotwire as a guideline but still no dice..........

Do you want priceline or hotwire (you've posted in the priceline forum)?

On priceline, it looks like there's "resorts" inventory possibly around the $150 mark (if you've got patience, bid a little lower). You'll most likely get the Sheraton, Prince or Renaissance.

I think that 4.5 star on Hotwire is the Hyatt, but I can't explain the laundry thing.

My guesses:

1) Hyatt

2) Diamond Resort Hotel?

From Hotwire Packages:

Amenities:

Resort

Suite

Restaurant(s)

Pool(s)

Fitness Center

Spa Services

Kitchenette

Golf Nearby

Tennis Nearby

Business Center

Diamond Resort Hawaii is a all-suite resort set on 15-acres of tropical gardens on the slopes of Mt. Haleakala in Wailea, Maui. Rooms offer living and dining areas, kitchenette, wet bar and private lanais with either ocean or garden views. The resort features open-air-full-service spa facilities with large Japanese-style (furo) bathtub, sauna, jacuzzi, waterfall massage and jet body shower; swimming pool; wedding gazebo; library and lobby shops. Complimentary shuttle service to Wailea and Makena shopping, sporting activities, dining and entertainment.

3) Does this one have a condo icon? Most of the condo properties seem to come up as 3 or 3.5*. I do notice that Expedia now rates the Aston Ka'anapali as a 4*, but HW still shows it as 3.5* in its Packages area and its amenities listings don't match up exactly with this one.

4) Sheraton? I think it has shown up as both 4 and 4.5 *. Price seems pretty high, though.

Thanks for the info guys...

LoneStar: Unless I am way off I put this in the hotwire forum, mabye someone moved it there cause thats where it is now :-) If the 4.5 is the Hyatt then that would be great....... thanks for the info. Priceline scares me, I guess I am a baby :-)

Scorp: Once again if #1 is Hyatt then that would be great, may have to take a chance! Also, yes the #3 did have Condo icon..... I also agree if #4 is Seheraton then price is REAL high.....

Hopefully someone else will have some insights.....

I disagree somewhat... for an uneducated user Hotwire may be more of a risk since you typically pay a little more thru Hotwire and their star ratings are a bit more inconsistent/generous, but for users of this board i will contend that Hotwire is less of a 'risk'.

With Priceline you can have a general idea of the hotel you will get based upon previously accepted bids and usually have no way to completely rule out specific properties that you may not want (nor prevent an upgrade).

With Hotwire you can virtually eliminate certain hotels, target others, and ensure that the hotel you receive has certain amenities that you are looking for.

Each service has their own pros and cons. My viewpoint is that Priceline is usually cheaper than Hotwire (but not when there are significant rate changes during the stay), but is designed for the user that is most flexible. For a user that is somewhat flexible, but a bit more particular in knowing the actual hotel that they will likely get, Hotwire can be the better option.

Bottom line is that with the help of this forum, you shouldn't be scared of either service... you just need know to the pros, cons, and risks of each.

Now back to the other questions in this thread...

This was was originally in the Priceline area but was moved to the Hotwire section.

I believe the 4.5* hotel you're seeing is not the Hyatt, but more likely is the Westin.

If you decide to go with any of the above please use THIS LINK to begin your purchase. If you choose to go with Priceline, let us know and we'll detail a bidding strategy for you to follow.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]