CA San Fernando Hyatt Valencia

tinnub
By tinnub,
in

Very nice, relatively small (6 floors) hotel located about 2 miles from interstate near Magic Mountain. Not much in the area except for shopping and restaurants. The whole street where hotel was located had the same facade and colors and was abit strange. Inside the hotel was excellent, decent sized rooms in typical Hyatt fashion. Good restaurant in hotel, with free paarking across the street. No mention of PL , excellent value oat $51+. Would stay there again if I was in area, but a real hike from LA.

• 3 months later...

I put the details of our specific stay with my bid report, but a little more about the hotel:

I thought it was nicely designed - felt very upscale in lobby. The grounds are attractive and it backs up to the Valencia Country Club Golf Course. The whole area looks like it is new construction. There is a nice garden area outside the conference rooms and it looks perfect for a wedding and/or reception. The pool area was also small but lovely with an outdoor fireplace and tables. I'm not sure what was strange about the facade and colors, I thought it looked like the place was all part of a master plan. The shops, restaurants, and movie theater across the street were convenient and attractive. It is also a very short drive to Magic Mountain (5 minutes?). As for staying there instead of LA, I probably wouldn't since you can likely stay in town nearly as cheaply. However, if you prefer to stay where it feels like an upscale suburb, this is great for that.

For families going to Magic Mountain, be warned that they will not put a rollaway in a room with 2 double beds - due to "fire hazard." They will however put 2 rollaways (which are as comfortable as their regular beds) in a room with a king. No microwave or fridge, and breakfast is not included.

• 1 month later...

A very good experience. Friendly staff, just across from a shopping mall, restaurants and cinema, free parking across from entrance and well kept grounds. A steal at the price we paid. Only problem we had was a poor wireless internet signal. Ate breakfast at the hotel and it was good and not too expensive. Plenty of places to eat nearby for dinner. Five minutes to Magic Mountain in the car. Had the pool to ourselves one day and would return to this hotel if we were in the area but probably not ideal base if you intend visiting LA.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]