Priceline Hotel: 4* London (Kensington) Copthorne Tara Hotel London

SCPigskinPrep Com
By SCPigskinPrep Com,
in

Started with 4* in Kensington for $80 and was rejected.

Added Mayfair and pushed to $90 and still was rejected.

Added Marble Arch and pushed to $100

Got the Copthorne for $100 which is in the Kensington area of town near the tube. Really wanted the Mill. Glouchester but this will do. Hotel web site was L125 which is around $220.

Copthorne Tara Kensington 4-star

Check-In Date: Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Check-Out Date: Saturday, July 2, 2005

Your Offer Price: $100.00

Number of Rooms: 2

Number of Nights: 3

Subtotal: $600.00

Taxes & Service Fees:

$120.18

Total Charges: $720.18

We stayed at this hotel in April of last year. I had read the reviews after I won my $100 bid through Priceline and also got worried. The hotel, however, was just fine. Great location, near the metro and bus. The room was comfortable and no problems were noted like the other reviews. So enjoy your stay!!!!

• 3 months later...

We are staying here for holiday on June 30th thru July 3rd and after reading some old reviews, I am a little scared. Has anyone stayed here recently who can offer any information.

Thanks

BTW...........

The winning bid was $100 back in January. The website showed L199 or $365US. It took 11 bids one night starting at $50 and working up to win the Copa. We booked 2 rooms @$100 a night for a total of $886.00 with tax.

You are no doubt aware that the G8 concert is on when you are there - Hyde Park on 2nd and of course Wimbledon tennis finals.

You got a great deal. I looked at Tripadvisor and I don't think the reviews are that bad and given the price, timing( with all that is going on) and location you got a very good deal

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]