Hotwire Hotel: 3* Philadelphia (Historic -Waterfront) Holiday Inn

Bowman
By Bowman,
in

Hello Bowman -

Thereuare needs the potential dates of your stay to really assist you, but I can say that if you add in 3* on a rebid, you vastly reduce your chances of getting the Hyatt Penn's Landing. If you have made that bid for a 3* I really would wait 3 days to start a completely new bid. Look in the section on the forum on bidding tips about understanding free re-bids. There are plenty of them possible for a 4* hotel in downtown. Once you've bid 3* in downtown you reduce your options, which is why I suggest waiting and starting anew.

Of course, Thereuare is better at this than me, so I'd take his advice!

Welcome to BetterBidding!

You'll need to provide the date(s) of your stay in order for us to be able to help.

As well, i'll remind you that you're not bidding for a specific hotel, as this user, who was also looking for the Hyatt Philadelphia, found out.

EDIT: lwitchel, beat me by a minute! :)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

If you really only want the Hyatt i would not bid higher than $45/nite... but if they've given Priceline no availaiblity, then you'll likely need to bid higher than that.

Do you want to subject yourself to the possibilities of other hotels or not?

As lwitchel pointed out, you shouldn't need to be lower your star rating (and heaven forbid raising your bid amount) this early in your bidding process.

Re-Bidding is explained here: PRICELINE 72 HOUR RULE

Why you don't want to lower your star quality while raising your bid amount is explained here: Lower Your Bid If You Lower Your Star Rating

I'd suggest deciding if you want to target only the Hyatt or if you're open to other possibilities. If you want a bidding strategy we'll be happy to provide one.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

you're in a tight spot because someone just got the 4* Marriott for $50. Although a nice property, I've stayed here, the Marriott is next to the convention center and about 10 blocks to get to the "Old City" part of town. For a liesure stay, I would prefer the Hyatt on the Delaware River. Hotwire is showing a 4* which appears to be the Sheraton Society Hill and although the views are not as great as the Hyatt, the Sheraton is right in Old City and a better location IMO. This 4* is $123 for your dates, though. Keep in mind that your dates are over the President's day Weekend, and this may be driving up occupancy along with the rates, either that or the article in the Inquirer about the great roast pork sandwich at Tony Lukes :)

looks like if I use hotwire I can get the Hyatt for $75 for 1 night or the Holiday in at $63 1 or 2 nights. I need to decide if I want to fork over the $$ for 2 nights. I only really need friday but wanted to make it a weekend trip.

I'll keep you guys posted. Thanks for everything.

if this is the Holiday Inn at 4th and Chestnut, it is in a really good location and I think the reviews are mixed. I don't think that you can go wrong with this property. It's not the Hyatt, but you don't have to check out then check in and have the hassle of moving the car, etc. I would bid on PL and use Hotwire a fallback position.

after using priceline and bidding on 4* at 45, 50, 55, & 60 with no luck. I used hotwire to secure the HOliday inn at just $65 per night.

Selected amenities include: Restaurant(s), Pool(s), Fitness Center, Business Center, Laundry Facilities (self-service).

thanks this site rules

I stay at the Hyatt Penns Landing 2-4 nights a week. I am staying there tonight. I know that they have a convention there over this weekend and will have no rooms available. I personally am going over to the Sheraton Society Hill (my company has a deal). Good luck but I don't think they have any more Priceline rooms. Incidentally, the Hyatt Penns Landing, while being a beautiful hotel and a great value, is in great financial trouble. They are frequently below 50% capacity and try to charge a $25 surcharge to Priceline bidders for waterview rooms. If you wish to stay at this hotel using Priceline, bid 1 week in advance and bid $43. For reservations this week try bidding in the $60 range as I have had some success with that. Good Luck.

Philly

PS I will be there tonight.

Bowman, you may want to check out this link to the Phila Parking Authority, they have a parking garage at 5th and Market Sts, if you are at the Holiday Inn at 4th and Chestnut sts, you will be two blocks from this garage. The rate is $15 for 24 hours with no in/lout privledges, not sure how this compares to the Holiday Inn rate. Phila Parking Authority

This is a great part of town and you should check out some of the bars and restaurants in Old City, start on Second Street off Market and have a mojito at Cuba Libre and work your way around. If you are adventurous, go Ice Skating at the Blue Cross River Rink at Spring Garden Street and Columbus Blvd it is right on the Delaware River.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]