Priceline Hotel: 2.5* NYC Airports (Airport JFK) Doubletree Club

7continentKaren
By 7continentKaren,
in

Got the $65 right away. Wanted NY Hilton but could not get a good price so since we were getting in at night from CA decided to stay here. Two rooms. One was fine though calling ahead to give them my Hilton HHonors number was useless and they had us down for a smoking room though I asked for king non-smoking. One room was OK, the other had someone already in it who was much surprised to have us open his door. Then the next had not been cleaned by the maid and finally a good one. Desk gave us all free wine at the appallingly lousy restaurant. Only good item on the menu was the soup. Internet price was $169 AARP or $189 with breakfast.

• 2 weeks later...

Final report: after a bunch of fussing about our being in Priceline rooms, we ended up with HHonors credit by mistake. Our checkout bill under the door was the one intended for Priceline. I was puzzled by the credit card. Interestingly, they billed Priceline $64 for our $65 room. Hmmm. The waiter at breakfast (fair but cheap at $10 each) forgot to turn in the bill to the desk but the manager was so busy apologizing for the mess up the night before, she decided to give us a free breakfast. Rooms ending in odd numbers have a lot of freeway noise.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]