Priceline Hotel: Vancouver downtown hotel

ranchette
By ranchette,
in

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Is Downtown the only acceptable zone or is the Granville Entertainment District acceptable as well? Are you willing to pay more for a 3.5* vs. a 3* OR is your goal the least expensive 3* or better for this stay? What is your maximum bid for this room?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know the above and we'll advise accordingly.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I never thought about the Granville Entertainment District. Is it near the downtown area and other attractions? Our goal is to get an inexpensive room for we will not be sleeping there and only using the room to store our luggage and hang out and freshen up before our flight home. Out maximum bid is $95.00.

Granville is just south of the downtown business core. I would be comfortable bidding in that location if you were wanting to be downtown. I've stayed at 2 of the 4* hotels (Sheraton Wall Centre and the Sutton Place). Both are within decent walking distance (maybe 10 minutes, 15 tops) to Georgia and Robson Streets (where most of the action is). There is also some decent eating on Davie Street (closer to the Sheraton).

Proud to be Canadian!

I never thought about the Granville Entertainment District. Is it near the downtown area and other attractions? Our goal is to get an inexpensive room for we will not be sleeping there and only using the room to store our luggage and hang out and freshen up before our flight home. Out maximum bid is $95.00.

Still no luck with priceline. I bid $86.00 for a 3 1/2 and 3* hotel for the downtown area,for June 16th.

Are you familiar with re-bidding and using your re-bid zones?

If not, see this thread and if you are new to the concept, it's strongly recommended you confirm your re-bid zones with the board before bidding. At the 3* level you have TWO re-bid zones avaialble... at the 3.5* level you have THREE re-bid zones.

Please confirm your re-bid zones with the board, or if you read the above link and are confused, post asking any questions you have... we'll then take it from there.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

As per above, at the 3.5* level you have THREE re-bid zones... at the 3* level only TWO re-bid zones.

(NOTE: 're-bid zone1' is not the same as priceline's Zone1, 're-bid zone2' is not the same as priceline's Zone2, etc, etc)

Select 3.5* Downtown...

Bid $75, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $85, if rejected add re-bid zone2...

Bid $90, if rejected close browser and use our link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 3* Downtown...

Bid $75, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $90, if rejected close browser and use our link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 3.5* Downtown and re-bid zone3...

Bid $95, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $98, if rejected add re-bid zone2...

Bid $100, if rejected close browser and use our link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 3* Downtown and re-bid zone2...

Bid $95, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $100

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

I am a little confused. What do you mean that rebid zone 1 & 2 are not the same as pricelines zone 1 & 2?

Re-bid zone1 is NOT the same as the 1st zone in the list of zones listed by PRICELINE in this region

Re-bid zone2 is NOT the same as the 2nd zone in the list of zones listed by PRICELINE in this region

etc, etc

We state the above so that a user doesn't simply see "re-bid zone1" and think it means to click the first zone in the list (ie- City Hall in this example)

Does that make it clearer?

Re-bid zone1 is NOT the same as the 1st zone in the list of zones listed by PRICELINE in this region

Re-bid zone2 is NOT the same as the 2nd zone in the list of zones listed by PRICELINE in this region

etc, etc

We state the above so that a user doesn't simply see "re-bid zone1" and think it means to click the first zone in the list (ie- City Hall in this example)

Does that make it clearer?

Yes it does, Thank you

Hi

This is easy - there are really cheap rooms for rent out at UBC over summer starting in May : transport is super easy as UBC is a major hub with fast buses going straight into the city and really quick to access the airport by cab or PT bec you're not in the city traffic. The rooms are private lockable and showers and kitchens to a high spec bec these are used as permanent housing for students during the year.

It really nice surrounded by beaches and woods

http://www.ubcconferences.com

Last year for a month I stayed there in a private single room in a 4 bedroom apt (large living area and kitchen) for about $750/month.

$44/night including breakfast

http://www.ubcconferences.com/accommodations/budget-rooms/

OR you could call up a hostel and ask them to arrange for a day visit to lock your bags and use the showers. Hostels generally are more flexible in these arrangements and also have private rooms for cheap - check out hostelworld or hostelbookers

• 1 month later...

Please keep all posts pertaining to the same stay in one topic, even if you're requesting assistance with both Priceline and Hotwire.

When I tried this search, I saw the Business Center amenity in addition to the ones above. Assuming that it appeared in your search as well, this set of amenities is a match for the 3.5* Executive Hotel Vintage Park on Hotwire's old vacation packages. My best guess is that this hotel has since been downgraded to 3*.

If you decide to book this hotel, please start you purchase from the Hotwire link on this site.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]