Priceline Hotel: 3.5* Austin (Downtown) Sheraton at the Capitol

paintergirl
By paintergirl,
in

I am trying to bid on 2 rooms in downtown Austin for April 21-26th. I would prefer a 4* but would be happy with a 3 1/2 * (especially if this meant I wouldn't have to pay extra for parking). I bid 3 times for a 4 *. $65, $70, and $75. I don't want to go much higher than that. So, then I tried a 3 1/2* at $65. All have been failed bids. Can you possibly help me get a room successfully? I am almost a week away from the trip. Thanks!

What is your max budgett/night for a 4* VS 3.5* ?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Yellowdog.

For 4* I probably wouldn't want to go any higher than $80/$85 per night. This would be hoping I could find reasonably cheap parking. For 3 1/2 * I would go up to $70 or so. This might be my better option since I would hopefully not have to pay for parking for a 3 1/2*. (I will be coming in 2 vehicles, one a cargo van that tends to be difficult in some parking situations)

Thanks so much!

Sorry to say that there's not much we can do to help you. You're $10 away from your budgett on the 4* and $5 on the 3.5*.

For the 4* would i go $79, $81, $85. And i would try up to $75 on the 3.5*. Or you have to lower your star rating or raise your budgett.

I looked at HOTWIRE and thre's nothing within your budget. best i found is 3.5* at $89.

Let us know.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Yellowdog.

Thanks so much for the help, and research. I tried $81 for a 4*, and $75 for a 3 1/2 * and didn't get the rooms. I will try again tomorrow and up my bid. I got the At&t conference center last year (4* for $75) I guess I got lucky last year! :) Looks like I will be spending a bit more.

It is not a bad idea. But, I am traveling with family, and have a chaotic schedule. So, I wouldn't want to risk having to change hotels.

I have failed bidding again. $91 for 4* and $86 for 3 1/2*

Can you help me what I need to bid to actually get the 3/12 star? I am getting worried that I am not going to get a room! Any help would be great!

Thanks!

We stay in Austin quite a bit, I usually get a 4* downtown for 79 bucks
sailusvi,

It would be appreciated if you started to share your wins with the board so that the information can best help other users.

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Plenty of re-bid zones at the 3.5* level in this area, so if you let us know your maximum bid we'll suggest a strategy for you to follow.

I bid 3 1/2 * at 95$ and I still did not get the rooms. At this point, my max bid will be what I can get. I leave town in 5 days! I didn't think I would have to go over $100. The room has to be downtown due to the business I am in town for. Any other suggestions would be great!

I looked at Hotwire, and I didn't see anything that would work.

( I do have to wait 24 hours to rebid, correct? This is what I have been doing.)

I do have to wait 24 hours to rebid, correct?

In this area not necessarily.

Re-bidding is adding a zone which only contains hotels which are lower than the minimum you have chosen... essentially allowing you to bid again immediately 'knowing' that you can't receive a hotel in the newly added zone since there are no hotels in that zone which meet the minimum star level criteria you have designated.

See this thread: Priceline Re-Bidding Explained to learn how to determine your re-bid zones, and since you're new to the concept, it's highly recommended that you confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding. (HINT: at the 4* level you have EIGHT re-bid zones and at the 3.5* level you have SIX re-bid zones)

Let us know if you're able to determine your re-bid zone or if you have any questions in this regard, we'll then suggest s strategy for you to follow.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

So, I added in the Round Rock location, along with the Downtown location. Failed bid for 4* at $105 per night. Accepted bid for 3 1/2 * at $100 per night. (Sheraton Austin @ the Capitol)

This is more than I wanted to pay. But, at this point I am happy that I at least got a room.

Thank you everyone for all the helpful advice!

Congratulations on your success!

While perhaps a bit more than you originally set out to spend, this is is a very nice, and substantial, discount vs. a conventionally booked room for these nites.

Glad to see you're happy to have gotten this stay settled and this property will work well for your needs.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]