Priceline Hotel: 5* Las Vegas (Strip) Venetian

yktang
By yktang,
in

I really need help on this. I was bidding on Vegas 5* hotel on 09/06 to 09/09 for $170 at the first time. And PL gave me counter offer at $270. I carelessly accepted it. It is over $1800 which is way over my budget. I called their CS, but they claimed they can't do nothing. Can anyone give me any suggestion to cancel, lower the price, or get credit for next time use?

Thanks in advance.

Welcome -

How is that over $1800? Did you bid on two rooms?

The only thing you can do is find the hotel listed for less somewhere else within 24 hours of your bid and invoke the priceline rate guarantee.

Occasionally we hear stories of priceline customer service agents showing SOME mercy, but generally that's not the case.

I hate to say it, but you're probably stuck. Non-refundable means non-refundable. :)

I seem to recall a thread that discussed a bidding error. Priceline allowed a one time "cancellation" of the bid as long as you start a new bid for either similar dates in the same area. I would call Priceline and discuss this with another customer service agent and let us know the outcome.

PS, if PL allows this, you may want to ask for a strategy before you commence bidding :) Reconfirm your dates of travel, maximum bid per day, minimum star rating, and list the zones that you are considering.

I called again to try different CS, but no luck. So my goal became to trigger PL's price guarantee. I seached the web, like Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com... etc. Today (3 days later) I've found a rate of $239 per night. So I called PL and they are willing to lower the price (even not within 24hr). Although it's still over my budget (I have 2 rooms), I save $180 total. Better than nothing.

Thanks for helps.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]