Priceline Hotel: 4* Minneapolis - St. Paul (Downtown Minneapolis) Radisson Plaza Hotel Minneapolis

FrazierGA
By FrazierGA,
in

Because I had to split my bids, I am posting this same post under both days (there is the other priceline win). I have been bidding on a two-night stay in a 4 star downtown Minneapolis hotel for about 4 weeks.

I started with your PRICELINE link.

Up until about 10 days ago, I would start at $45 and bid in increments to $60. My bids were never accepted. About 5 days ago I increased my bids to $70, but they were still not accepted. I bid up to $75 yesterday, and my bids were not accepted.

Several weeks ago, I had been told by someone who works in a Minneapolis hotel that something must be happening on Thursday, Sept. 13, since the prices for rooms that night spiked from the normal rates. Sure enough, when I checked Priceline earlier today, I was told that the median price for a 4 star downtown hotel on Sept. 13 was $289, whereas the median price for a 4 star downtown hotel on Sept. 14 was $123. (I realize that these may not be accurate figures, but it gave me some idea about the difference in room rates for those two nights.)

I then bid for a 4 star downtown hotel on Sept. 14. I stated at $45 and using rebid zones, I bid up to $52, which was accepted by the Radisson Plaza. I then bid for a 4 star downtown hotel on Sept. 13, starting at $50. After using rebid zones, my bid of $80 was accepted by the Westin. As a matter of information, the Radisson Plaza has a posted rate of $115 for that Friday night; the Westin’s posted, non-refundable rate for the Thursday night is $299!

• 2 weeks later...

BiddingBetterDC.

I don't see your win reported to the board for this area, but rates are date sepcific, so unless your win is for this same exact solo nite of 9/14, then you can't really say whether you overpaid or not.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases. (and please share all your wins with the board)

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]